Sunday 10 January 2010 - BBC Radio Essex - Eric Hall

maureen & harry

Re: Sunday 10 January 2010 - BBC Radio Essex - Eric Hall

Post by maureen & harry » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:13 pm

Many thanks for that explanation Richard. I was beginning to think I was losing the plot. I never would have thought that the computer would filter out such an innocent word like d.o.c.u.m.e.n.t.s.

It's a good job it didn't hear me cursing when all three messages came out the same otherwise it might have exploded!

We will pick up the rest of the interviews as you do them on the forum as I am not technically minded enough to have another go.

Thanks again.

Maureen & Harry

Marian

Post by Marian » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:52 pm

Hi Maureen and Harry,
Sometimes just a few letters together in a word will lead to it not being accepted, as in this case, the 3rd 4th and 5th letters I think you will find.
Sandra had the same problem just the other day. :wink:

I recorded the interview section of the Eric Hall show with a programme available to download on line called Blaze Power Record. I've used it many times, you can record in Wav or MP3 format, and I have never had a problem saving to my computer and playing back on Windows Media Player.
Marian :D

maureen & harry

Post by maureen & harry » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:40 pm

Hi Marian,

Thanks for the info and we will know what to do now if the same thing occurs again.

We googled Blaze Power Record but were baffled when we saw the number of sites there were to choose from. We weren't sure if you could download this for free or if we would have to buy it from the site in America as it said "free trial" and then gave a purchase price.

I wouldn't say we are technically disadvantaged but Harry is sharpening his quill pen as we speak!!

Any help at all would be gratefully received.

Maureen & Harry :? :?

Marian

Post by Marian » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:46 pm

I remember your colour printing exploits Maureen and Harry, but you mastered that one didn't you! :D
It is quite a long time ago that I got Power Record, and now I come to think of it I think I got the 14 days free trial to start with, then there was a special offer on, so I decided to buy it. I think it was around £14 at the time, but it has been well worth it. I wouldn't want to influence you in any way though.
I have only ever recorded from radio programmes, but there are lots of other things you can do like setting the timer, editing etc. I usually want to listen as I go anyway.
You could always arrange to have your 14 days free trial to cover all Michele's interviews maybe! Anyway, if I can help anymore let me know.
Marian :wink:

paul jh

Post by paul jh » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:13 pm

I really enjoyed the interview with Michele and Matt Jnr. I was expecting more interuptions from Eric from reading the previous posts. So great to hear Till The End of Time on the radio; I've never heard that on Radio 2. I was laughing out loud at the Anthony Newley impression.

It was nice to hear Dorothy Squires and Anne Shelton. And that Jimmy Roselli song was beautiful; I have to listen again because I've already forgotten the song. I would have preferred hearing Life For Rent by Dido rather than Thank You, which is so overplayed. That was pretty shocking he played her at all. And I love that orchestral arrangement of With a Song in My Heart -- one of the all-time greatest melodies.

maureen & harry

Post by maureen & harry » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:18 pm

Thanks for your help again Marian. When we get some more time, we will look at the options on Power Record and have a go at downloading the trial before we buy.

Just to prove that your advice regarding colour posting did not fall on deaf ears I thought I would type this in colour!!!

Thanks again

Maureen & Harry

Mark Fox

Post by Mark Fox » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:55 am

I hope you're keeping copies of all the interviews? :D

Return to “Sunday 10 January 2010 - BBC Radio Essex - Eric Hall”