The Beck - WOW

Matt Jnr's 2008 tour kicked off on 10th October. Read the roving reports that were written from theatres across the country
geri5

The Beck - WOW

Post by geri5 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:59 pm

:D

Hi everyone, yes, it is me your fan club secretary (about time I hear you say). I would like to say hello to Lena, I do hope you are feeling much better. I missed you at The Beck. My mum June and I went to a show in London on Sunday and then hung around Staines until travelling to The Beck, Hayes. It was the first time we had seen Matt on this tour and I am so disappointed that I couldn't make previous shows. We arrived early and met up with Marian & Peter Down we had a nice chat. We then caught up with Paul he looked so happy back selling the merchandise. Then Michele, Max & his girlfriend turned up it was lovely to see them all. By this time I couldn't wait for the show to start, and I must say it was well worth the wait. The show was so different than before, as you know Matt does both halves (which is great) and as Marian says the hat really suited him, also I didn't know Matt could dance (well I suppose he was dancing). Matt certainly puts alot into the show & the new songs really suit him. His voice is is so strong now & he oozes charisma.
Mum & I were sat in the middle of the front row next to Caroline. A few people thought it was fancy dress & turned up dressed as chairs ha! ha! but although the audience was small, it was very intimate & I'm sure Matt was pleased on how it went. He received a well deserved standing ovation & I felt very proud of him. I'm off to Blackwood in Wales tonight, I'm taking my husband Ian, it will take approx 2hrs but it will be worth every mile.
In friendship, Geraldine

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:29 pm

Hi Geraldine, thank you very much for your good wishes, and we would so much have liked to have been at Matt's show to meet up with everyone again and to enjoy what seems to have been a thoroughly enjoyable evening.
We will catch up with Matt's show at a future concert. :lol: :lol:

Marian

Post by Marian » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:43 pm

Welcome to the forum Geraldine. You made it at last!
It was great talking to you at the Beck, and your mum too. I hope she enjoyed the show as much as we all did.
Loved your fancy dress comment! :lol: :lol:
Marian :wink:

Return to “One Man, One Voice, a Thousand Memories”