PARIS

Have you read something that you would like to share with others - now is your chance
karl

PARIS

Post by karl » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:23 pm

Does anyone feel as I do that after 9/11 nothing really shocks me anymore. That doesn't mean I am not disgusted as I am.
Nowhere seems a safe haven anymore as they even struck in Sydney,Australia. Now in 2011 I was staying minutes away from the street where the atrocity happened in the coffee shop. It 's a nice wide street and that is where I attended the Rememberance Day service. And as Robert mentioned in another post my favourite city of Boston, they even had a bomb incident not so long ago during a marathon.
We have a big, beautiful world - why can't they just enjoy it and live in peace? Just a few days ago as I got into my car I looked at the sky and it was beautiful, it was like the sky was full of white mushrooms with blue in between, a mottled effect - it was quite amazing. So much natural beauty and yet so much hatred and violence.
Last edited by karl on Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

john

Re: PARIS

Post by john » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:28 pm

It is just awful what happened in Paris. Every time you put the news on it always seems to be bad news. Thinking of all the people who lost their lives and their families.

maxine

Post by maxine » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:36 pm

A terrible cowardly atrocity .....my thoughts and prayers are with everybody involved and God Bless the victims who died ....
Softly, I will leave you softly
For my heart would break if you should wake and see me go.....

karl

Post by karl » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:28 pm

There always seems to be a tragedy around what is supposed to be the most peaceful time of year, Christmas.
Anyway Maxine good to see you posting again, I hope your next one will be for a happier theme.

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:25 am

Really shocking, and a Friday night when people are enjoying the start of a relaxing weekend, and this could happen now in any main city.
We know what you mean Karl. With the world as it is today, nothing shocks or surprises us any more. It's just terrifying at what some individuals are capable of doing to maim and kill.
These suicide bombers for instance are highly trained but brain washed and stupid enough to believe they will go to paradise for sacrificing their lives, so will stop at nothing.
Our thoughts are with the families of those who have lost their lives, and those who have been injured in this cowardly attack.

Marian

Post by Marian » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:50 am

I don't want to take away from the tragedy of Paris, but 147 students were killed in Kenya early this year. And the people killed in Turkey a couple weeks ago, can't remember them!
Pray for the World!
Last edited by Marian on Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:36 am

Yes, more shocking events Marian and mostly those of the 147 students who died were picked out for being non muslim.
If only praying had stopped the world of all these past, current and on- going tragic events.

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:05 am

As I mentioned on the night it happened ...............it is outrageous ..................but as Karl said, it is becoming the norm and nothing really shocks any more :( :( :( :(
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

karl

Post by karl » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:32 pm

ROBERT M. wrote:As I mentioned on the night it happened ...............it is outrageous ..................but as Karl said, it is becoming the norm and nothing really shocks any more :( :( :( :(
Robert I am rather glad to hear you say that as I was beginning to think it was just me.

Eman

Post by Eman » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:14 pm

I agree with you all. Shocking as it is. It seems everyday I turn on the TV or open a newspaper there it is. Just praying for world peace is what I am doing.

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:42 am

All those people tragically died in Paris.........but more than 200 people died on the Russian passenger plane shot down by IS a couple of weeks ago, yet that did not get as much TV coverage as Paris has been getting..................how can the world stop these out of the blue and tragic terrorist attacks happening ? .............. :( :( :( :(
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

maxine

Post by maxine » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:01 pm

karl wrote:There always seems to be a tragedy around what is supposed to be the most peaceful time of year, Christmas.
Anyway Maxine good to see you posting again, I hope your next one will be for a happier theme.
Thank you Karl ....yes ..just too sad isn't it :(
Softly, I will leave you softly
For my heart would break if you should wake and see me go.....

Return to “Thought of the Day”