MEETING SOMEONE YOU KNOW WITH ALZHEIMERS

Have you read something that you would like to share with others - now is your chance
karl

MEETING SOMEONE YOU KNOW WITH ALZHEIMERS

Post by karl » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:15 am

Yesterday I was approaching a branch off Tesco which is almost next door to my old office, as I walked past a man waiting outside he said "Hello There" and when I turned around I realised it was one of my former colleagues and I had recently heard he had Alzheimers.

I was so glad he spoke to me as we always got along well together, he was wearing a baseball cap which threw me for a second but I told him I had heard he had Alzheimers and he said his father also had it.
John waiting for his wife who works in Tesco's, after we spoke for a few minutes he leaned over and said I know who you are but can you tell me your name. His wife then came out and we spoke for a few more minutes.

It's sad to think someone you have known and worked with has this disease, John was always such a cheerful outgoing man - he still is but he has this burden now.

Lena & Harry Smith

Re: MEETING SOMEONE YOU KNOW WITH ALZHEIMERS

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:33 pm

In most cases Alzheimer victims slowly get worse Karl, but it was nice that your colleague from work recognised you even though he couldn't remember your name.
We have heard so much of this cruel illness recently, because we are all living so much longer now. :cry:

Return to “Thought of the Day”