Matt on You Tube

Want to ask Richard Moore something - go for it! He is a veritable walking encyclopedia and is never happier than talking music.
maureen & harry

Re: Matt on You Tube

Post by maureen & harry » Tue May 04, 2021 6:58 pm

Thanks Rìchard and we understand why Michele does not want the video on the official channel but Matt's performance was really good.

The channel is just great thanks to you both and we look forward to Fridays to see what will be added and hope there is more to follow.

Rmoore

Post by Rmoore » Wed May 05, 2021 6:04 pm

Matt Sings Monro will take up the next few months. In theory, we will keep going until everything that we can clear is up there. There are unlikely to be any new DVD's now due to falling sales, so this is the best way to get material out there. We hope to be able to clear things that we hadn't been able to do for DVD, but we'll see. Lots to go through yet from the BBC and ITV (Including a couple of recently re-discovered shows)

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:00 pm

Todays utube offering is of Matt singing most superbly his wonderful version of Maria. Thank you Richard and Michele for these weekly viewings.(Hope you have seen it Robert. Your favourite I think)

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:41 pm

Yes I have seen it Sandra :) .........while watching Matt sing Maria my heart seemed to miss a few beats when Matt soared to those majestic high notes :) ..........thank you Michele and Richard for all the lovely videos :)
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

maureen & harry

Post by maureen & harry » Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:41 am

Yes Sandra & Robert Matt was absolutely wonderful & no one can sing it as good as Matt.

Thank you Michele and Richard for all the great videos on the uTube channel. You have done Matt proud again.

Hope you get the all clear for Matt on the Tom Jones Show which was another good show as they both worked so well together. 🙂 🙂

Jumong Singson

Post by Jumong Singson » Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:57 pm

maureen & harry wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:41 am
Yes Sandra & Robert Matt was absolutely wonderful & no one can sing it as good as Matt.

Thank you Michele and Richard for all the great videos on the uTube channel. You have done Matt proud again.

Hope you get the all clear for Matt on the Tom Jones Show which was another good show as they both worked so well together. 🙂 🙂
I would like to ask this too I found a photo on Google where Matt Is With Tom Jones Do You Guys Have A Copy Of It Or Original

Rmoore

Post by Rmoore » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:51 pm

Tom owns the rights to his show. We will see if he will licence it for the YouTube channel in due course, but we can't make any promises.

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:13 pm

Richard how does Tom own the rights to his tv shows .......unless he said at the time that he would only make them if he owned the rights to them too :)

Rmoore

Post by Rmoore » Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:00 am

I can only think it was a contractual thing. This was an ITC production for ATV in Black & White PAL for UK and Colour NTSC for USA - Using different cameras for each version. The Black & White version no longer exists, but the Colour does. Tom's organisation was kind enough to send us a copy.

I can only assume that the rights reverted to Sir Tom after so many years. Some DVD's were issued in the USA, But alas not Matt's Episode. Not everything can be cleared for YouTube, but we will push for this one at some point.

Hopefully things will continue to be found. Besides the two shows referred to in Michele's News, two other guest appearances were found in the ITV archive in the last couple of years, mislabelled. We've also found the soundtrack to another show and as you may have seen, the colour version of Showtime which we've already uploaded to YouTube (This was a surprise to us - It took use 5 years to get ITV to admit to holding the B&W version on film, so weren't expecting them to send the colour version).

Hopefully what we have in the UK will keep people happy for a while before we start trying to twist the arm of overseas companies. Keep an eye out on the Ed Sullivan YouTube Channel, we are hoping Matt's appearances will turn there sooner or later.

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:22 pm

Thank you Richard for all the interesting information :)

maureen & harry

Post by maureen & harry » Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:26 pm

Another great video on the Matt uTube channel with Matt as usual in great voice and effortless performance of the song. We were lucky to see Matt several times when he sang this song.

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:25 am

Yes it is great Maureen and Harry 😀

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:49 am

Yes fabulous Maureen and Harry :D

Return to “Ask Richard”