Matt on You Tube

Want to ask Richard Moore something - go for it! He is a veritable walking encyclopedia and is never happier than talking music.
maureen & harry

Matt on You Tube

Post by maureen & harry » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:52 pm

We have been watching on YouTube "Matt Monro Rare American TV Appearance" on which Matt sings three songs on the same clip and it ends with the title "Showtime".

Would you know who introduced the show as we didn't recognise the presenter and the date of the show etc.

Also there are three separate clips of Matt which would appear to be from a Spanish TV show

1) Alguien Canto

2) Todo Pasara

3) Que Tiempo Tan Feliz

Would you have any information for this also Richard?

Rmoore

Re: Matt on You Tube

Post by Rmoore » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:09 pm

Yes the Showtime clips (shown over here as 'The Big Show') were introduced by Shelley Berman. It was taped in the UK not the USA. The clips on You Tube, if memory serves me right, are very washed out. You'll find pristine versions of all Matt's songs on the new DVD.

The Spanish songs come from a show called 'Galas Del Sabado' Matt is of course miming on these clips and that combine with the fact that RTVE in Spain, despite still having the original video tape, aren't interested in licensing the footage (and believe me i've tried) means that we've never been able to use it. Recently however RTVE started putting episodes of this show on line in full. Matt's isn't amongst them yet, but you never know!

I think you'll find it's, "No puerdo quitar" rather than than "Que Tiempo". He also sang the impossible dream (in English) on the same show. All songs were originally presented as a long medley.

mike

Post by mike » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:03 pm

Slightly off topic, do you know what show is used on the Portrait Of Matt Monro DVD? There are several performances in black and white that seem to come from one show.

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:41 am

"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

maureen & harry

Post by maureen & harry » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:22 pm

Thanks Richard for all the information given about Matt on these shows. We are looking forward to seeing the versions in pristine condition on the new DVD. :)

Thanks Robert for putting the link on. :)

Rmoore

Post by Rmoore » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:54 pm

Yes Mike I do know, but can't currently say - however It MAY end up as a release all of it's own in the not too distant future.

Richard

Christine Hampshire

Post by Christine Hampshire » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:55 pm

Yes thanks Robert for the link.

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:59 am

Good Morning Richard- having trouble finding the March updates -says page cannot be displayed?

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:17 am

Sorry-it is now thereX

Rmoore

Post by Rmoore » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:27 pm

I don't know what happened - I had trouble myself once I'd uploaded them, Seemed to sort it's self out though.

maureen & harry

Post by maureen & harry » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:52 pm

Richard we noticed today on You Tube the sleeve photo on Matt's new CD has the title "The Best of Matt Monro" but it does not include the songs from the new CD. This was put on by "Musicas Internationals" and will they have had to get approval to use the sleeve photo?

There are a lot of Matt songs on it together with other singers and one of the songs on is Danny Boy which we are sure is not a Matt song. 🙂

Rmoore

Post by Rmoore » Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:26 pm

They won't have permission or care. There are a lot of things like that that mix non Matt tracks in just to confuse things - Not a lot we can do about it unfortunately.

maureen & harry

Post by maureen & harry » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:21 pm

Thanks Richard, we thought this might be the case.

maureen & harry

Post by maureen & harry » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:10 pm

There was a video of Matt on YouTube with the Metrople Orchestra singing "Georgia On My Mind" although the last few seconds of the song were missing. Is this from the TV Holland Show from October 1979 and does the estate have a copy of it?

We have been in again to listen but it has now been blocked by Aviator Management GMBH on copyright grounds and perhaps hopefully it might be shown again if permission is ever granted.

Rmoore

Post by Rmoore » Mon May 03, 2021 7:09 pm

Hi,

Yes, we do have a copy.

Sorry to be a party pooper with this, but MIchele doesn't want clips from Music Gallery releasing, hence the estate instructing Aviator to have it removed. Matt was ill when this show was made and looks it. For that reason we won't be adding this to the official channel I'm afraid.

Richard

Return to “Ask Richard”