Jasmine release

Want to ask Richard Moore something - go for it! He is a veritable walking encyclopedia and is never happier than talking music.
Sandra

Jasmine release

Post by Sandra » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:13 pm

A 'new' title for Jasmine records this month Richard.

THAT OLD FEELING JASCD 850

Any comments from you :)

Rmoore

Re: Jasmine release

Post by Rmoore » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:50 pm

Irritation. i the biggest comment. - More than likely my remasters stolen from other releases. The estate receives nothing from this and despite the remastering more than likely being mine - I certainly can't see them actually having an original copy of Strange Lady for a start! - I get nothing from this either.

I have an ambition to put together a REAL complete set of all Matt's studio and surviving radio recordings - Pretty much everything other than the live discs - If i could get it crowd funded. This set makes that sort of thing less likely.

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:15 am

Sandra and Wahzy............. this was discussed in "October News" two days ago ......... :?
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:28 am

Missed that Robert so used to no one commenting these days to the monthly news items that Michele takes the effort to update us with each month :( :wink:

mike

Post by mike » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:42 pm

I often hear Jasmine Records mentioned on Sounds Of The Sixties, so I'd assumed they were one of the more reliable record companies.

I hope you won't be put off trying the crowd funding route to getting more Matt released. I'm sure there'd be plenty of interest.

Rmoore

Post by Rmoore » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:31 pm

Jasmine are your standard PD record company. Pile em high sell em cheap. Get the material off other people's CD's - Par for the course these days unfortunately.
Crowd funding Is something i've given a lot of thought to. Although what I'd like to do may be a little TOO ambitious. We shall have to see.
Richard

mike

Post by mike » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:43 pm

At least with crowd funding you find out in advance if you are going to cover your costs / make a reasonable profit.

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:57 am

Nice to see you back with us Mike .........please visit more often :) .............. please don't forget about the MM forum :wink:
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

mike

Post by mike » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:43 pm

Hi Robert. I do often check out the news here, and I still listen to Matt's music more than anyone else. I don't often get the time to log in and comment.

Nice to see most of the old guard are still here. Wishing you all well.

Return to “Ask Richard”