Matt Monro with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra

Want to ask Richard Moore something - go for it! He is a veritable walking encyclopedia and is never happier than talking music.
Wahzy

Matt Monro with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra

Post by Wahzy » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:02 pm

Hello everyone,

It's been a long time since I've posted anything so thought I'd get myself back in the game!

It's a random thought provoking question, but would a Matt album with backing of an orchestra ever be a possibility? The reason I ask is Elvis is currently sitting at No.1 in the UK Album charts with an album of previous hits, with his vocals added to new backing by London's Royal Philharmonic Orchestra.

How lovely would it be to have the same treatment done to Matt's songs.

Many thanks,
Alex.

Rmoore

Re: Matt Monro with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra

Post by Rmoore » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:52 pm

Would be nice wouldn't it. Problem is that Matt just isn't as popular as Elvis anymore so it wouldn't sell enough to cover the major costs of a project like this.

ROBERT M.

Re: Matt Monro with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra

Post by ROBERT M. » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:29 am

I have been listening to Andy Williams CD Great Love Classics with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra ............I had the same thought, wouldn't it have been great for Matt to have recorded a similar album...............Matt had such an emotional voice, his voice would have been perfect for such a project (singing great love classics) with the RPO :) :)
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

Return to “Ask Richard”