Help for the Forum

Want to ask Richard Moore something - go for it! He is a veritable walking encyclopedia and is never happier than talking music.
ROBERT M.

Help for the Forum

Post by ROBERT M. » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:12 am

This first part of my post is what I wrote to Karl on another page on the forum...........Karl, were are you, you log in regularly but do not participate on the forum ..........what's the problem, are you fed up of the forum or just having a breather ...........we need as many participants as possible on the forum or the forum will Die out without doubt only (3 or 4 members now)...........you know the members using the forum have dwindled to virtually nothing....................but Karl only come back If you really want to not because you are being forced back.........................I'm posting this to the Ask Richard page for him to make any suggestions regarding getting members to participate on the "forgotten forum" .......................so sad for the MM forum ......................Richard over the past few weeks only .....Myself, John, Sandra, Eman (and couple of posts from Christine) have mustered any posts "on a fairly regular basis" at all on the forum.........all the other members have "virtually" disappeared apart from the odd post every three months ....................the forum was heaving when it started out.................but not anymore I'm afraid .................... Lionel Bart wrote this prophetic line in Oliver "Fings Ain't What They Used To Be" ........prophetic words indeed for the fate of the MM forum :( :( ................are there any suggestions from yourself or Michele to change this stagnant situation Richard ??
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

Frederick

Re: Help for the Forum

Post by Frederick » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:34 pm

Hi Robert and all MM fans everywhere. I am sorry to say that I have been one of the absentees from the Forum myself mainly due to the fact that I cannot access it on my ipad for some reason. So in order to catch up, I have to dig out my laptop which I hardly ever use. After some health problems over recent years, I hope to be sufficiently mobile to resume travelling in the new year. Travel is something I really enjoy and before departing I always visit ebay and buy a few Matt Monro cd's which I give to the hotel management or entertainment staff. It's great to sit in the lobby relaxing and listening to Matt and particularly pleasing if a guest asks "who is that wonderful singer ?" I feel it's only right to spread the word. To the Monro family, Richard and everyone on the site, may you have a most enjoyable Christmas and a New Year filled with wonder. Frederick.
The voice of Matt Monro is part of my life. I take his music with me wherever I go.

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:59 pm

Nice to hear from you Frederick and pleased your health is picking up ............but please get your laptop out more often and join in on the forum topics if you can :) ...............great story regarding the MM cd's :)

Rmoore

Post by Rmoore » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:11 pm

Sorry for the delay in replying. I've not visited the forum myself for a while.

I don't know the answer completely. The biggest problem is the lack of releases by Warner/Universal doesn't help. Also social media has taken over a little more.

However we have recently discovered that the main website can't be viewed on ipads or phones due to the inclusion of Flash elements which date back to the very beginning of the website more than 15 years ago. Although this forums as it is hosted on my site and uses standard html shouldn't be a problem if reached direct through
http://mattmonroforum.mint-audio-restoration.co.uk
The problem is that the website probably needs a complete re design which I personally don't have the time to do and secondly would cost a considerable amount of money for someone else to do. So we are in a little bit of a quandary about what to do with it at the moment.

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:49 am

Thanks for your reply Richard.........better late than never as they say :wink: :) (have you been busy, I kept checking and you hadn't been active since 3rd December).............I just hope the MM forum stays open and you or Michele would not consider closing it ............3 or 4 members participating is better than no forum at all :) :)

Rmoore

Post by Rmoore » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:49 pm

It's not going anywhere now that it's hosted on my website and not EMI's.
Yes, i've had a busy month!

Richard

Rmoore

Post by Rmoore » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:50 pm

It's not going anywhere now that it's hosted on my website and not EMI's.
Yes, i've had a busy month!

Richard

Eman

Post by Eman » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:19 am

Good to hear. I've been busy with family for the holidays but do check in from time to time. :-)

maureen & harry

Post by maureen & harry » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:37 pm

Thank you Richard that is good news.
Although we only post occasionally, we do read the forum most days. There are quite a few members that do this too but we want to thank the members who post on a regular basis for their input.

Marian

Post by Marian » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:29 pm

When I used to administer the forum for Michele, I spent many years visiting it every day and getting rid of the many unwelcome visitors we used to get then, and welcoming the new members to the forum. This doesn't happen now. The unwelcome visitors have dwindled to next to none as Michele,and probably Richard, vet who applies to join. These figures seem to have lessened too.
Michele herself is putting lots of her news and cruise photos on Facebook which must make some difference, and Matt now has a new website, so I suppose a lot of fans use social media to get up to date news these days.

Eman

Post by Eman » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:52 pm

Hi Marian! That's true, more folks tend to use FB, Twitter, or what have you these days.

Rmoore

Post by Rmoore » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:35 pm

This is true. The official facebook page has almost 44,000 followers.

Return to “Ask Richard”