MATT ON YOU TUBE

Discuss Matt's music, albums, Cd's, B-sides, film tracks, you decide
john

Re: MATT ON YOU TUBE

Post by john » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:05 am

I agree, it is a great song. One of my favourites.

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:47 am

So unusual to hear Matt singing something like Chattanooga Choo Choo on the Reg Varney show. I wonder why that was chosen and whether he sang anything else more his style in the show?

john

Post by john » Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:08 pm

Matt later recorded the song on The Other Side Of The Stars album Sandra, although that was a bit later in the 70's. :)

maureen & harry

Post by maureen & harry » Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:20 pm

Yes Sandra Matt did sing the lovely Curiouser and Curiouser on the same show and he also sang it on a few other TV shows round the same time.

Yes John was right that Chattanooga Choo Choo is on The Other Side Of The Stars Album and think you will find it on other Albums/CDs too. 🙂

maureen & harry

Post by maureen & harry » Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:40 pm

Another nice video of Matt singing Curioser and Curioser in good voice as usual. There must have been a break in the recording for him to change from his casual appearance to his usual bow tie and suit.

Have recently watched on YouTube a video of Matt probably a Spanish TV show singing in Spanish "The Music Played" and "All Of A Sudden" and a short version of "Georgy Girl" in English.

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:47 am

A beautiful song as are so many of Matts releases so underrated and sung to perfection.

Thanks Maureen and Harry will look out for the You Tube Spanish show x

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:15 am

If I Never Sing Another Song from an unknown show to us called Whats On from 1979. Which reminded us of the last time we saw Matt singing live when he appeared at The Palace in Newark in 1978. The first time we had heard it .We loved it then as we do now.

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:06 pm

Another flawless performance by Matt :) ......I think Matts singing voice became deeper as he got older especially noticeable in this video from 1979........I played Curiouser and Curiouser from 1972 afterwards and the voice difference is quite noticeable to me ........Matt was wearing the same watch in both performances ........I had not heard of this tv show before either.
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

maureen & harry

Post by maureen & harry » Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:09 pm

Yes Sandra and Robert, as usual another great performance from Matt and it is so nice to see these videos on his Chanel.

Have noticed today that Saturday Variety videos are missing at the moment and hope they will return in due course. The Walkaway and Born Free video has certainly been popular with over 500,000 views in just over one month (a few by us) 🙂

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:25 am

Tarby and Friends December 8th 1984. Todo Pasara .The voice as wonderful and powerful as ever.
Looking a little less well :(

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:29 pm

Yes Sandra Matts voice was back to 100 per cent perfection and clarity....... in fact it was absolutely awesome :) ..........loved how the song started in Spanish and ended in English :) ............Matt looked so thin (in fact it was Matts final ever TV performance just two months before he passed away...... its truly amazing Matt could perform so well at that point) :) ..........though Matt hadn't been diagnosed at this stage..........but didn't Matt look so very smart and elegant :)
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

john

Post by john » Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:13 pm

I think this is one of my favourites of his TV performances. He didn't look well but sang like a dream and what a wonderful reaction from the audience and Jimmy Tarbuck as well.

karl

Post by karl » Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:39 pm

I remember Matt on Tarby and agree he looked drawn but as Tarby said he was singing better than ever. I have that performance recorded from tv.
Robert said Matt hadn't been diagnosed then, I'm sure you are wrong Robert I knew he was ill and two months
before his passing he was obviously diagnosed - I read that he was seen smoking and when asked about it
said it would not make any difference now.

maureen & harry

Post by maureen & harry » Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:29 pm

We agree with all your comments and it was definitely a magnificent performance for us to remember him as the greatest singer.

Robert, you were quite right about the time when he was diagnosed.

Thank you Michele and Richard for this channel, Matt will certainly not be forgotten with all these great videos together with the many great recordings released on his albums.

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:34 am

What a treat to listen to Matt on Miss World 1975. He seemed taken aback by the response from the audience when he came on.
A fantastic swing version of The Second Time Around. We loved it .Thankyou xx

Return to “Matt's World Of Music”