From Matt, With Love

Matt's very first dedicated Valentine's Day release includes all the favourites you'd expect including Be My Lady, Till the End of Time, Days of Wine and Roses and Exodus
ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:11 pm

The new album is a lovely collection, but my point in that the ordinary "Joe Public" who bought the "Ultimate" two years ago, will not shell out more money for another Matt collection so soon, whereas true Matt fans obviously will do :wink: :wink:
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:37 pm

Well Robert--time will tell. I guess it is true that we, on this forum, are somewhat biased.!!
Mariana

paul jh

Post by paul jh » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:41 pm

I don't think Joe Public will remember that they bought The Ultimate in 2005. They will see the brilliant cover and list of songs, and they will buy From Matt With Love.

Interestingly, it is #39 on the Welsh album chart as well. I couldn't find the Scottish or Northern Ireland charts. And I don't know when it's released in Ireland.

Music Week estimates sales of 5000 copies: very good first week sales, and likely many of them aren't from the "true Matt fans" like all of us.

Michele Monro

Mid Weeks

Post by Michele Monro » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:35 pm

No 28 today and rising - will have to see whether we sustain the rise after the live Brits tomorrow night - fingers crossed

paul jh

Post by paul jh » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:43 pm

That's exciting news, Michele. :D Let's hope the Great British Public procrastinates on their Valentines gifts and even more people recognise that From Matt With Love is the perfect last minute gift and it will last much longer than flowers!

And let's hope that most Brit watchers already have those artists albums and they won't get a big bump on the charts.

Michele Monro

Mother's Day

Post by Michele Monro » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:59 pm

Don't forget we had a resurgence with Mother's Day with "Ultimate" so we may be lucky again. It really depends on how long EMI carry on the TV advertising and how much money they spend!!!!!

paul jh

Post by paul jh » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:03 pm

:D I hope Max is doing a sweep of the UK record stores and putting The Rare Monro right next to From Matt With Love. If I were in London, I would be doing that at every HMV and Virgin. Purchasing both CDs would make the perfect gift!

Michele Monro

HMV

Post by Michele Monro » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:26 pm

Well of course, what other reason can there be than to have a son who excells in marketing display - I'm surprised HMV haven't caught us out yet. We go in every week and pull MM to the prime position.

What I am personally delighted about is that Sinatra, who was launched the same day as us with the same campaign money only made No94 in the official charts on Sunday.

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:15 pm

Thats very good news Michele :D :D

Terence Lee

Post by Terence Lee » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:12 am

Michele, your dad was heads and shoulders above Sinatra who was a bit flat in his singing.

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:25 am

Well.. Woolworths are doing their bit. The advert "From Matt With Love "CD was in the daily newspaper on Monday. :lol: :lol:

jon

Post by jon » Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:44 am

Paul

"From Matt Monro With Love" is selling at £12.95 at HMV in London and £9.99 in Virgin (Piccadilly Circus etc.). Like the other John, I have often bought an album at one retailer only half-an-hour later to find it cheaper at another, and cursed myself in the process. Luckily I didn't do this this time round and saved myself £2.96p. Neat,ay? It does pay to shop around. (I know CDs can be even cheaper online but, like yourself, I prefer to browse and buy in record stores.)

paul jh

Post by paul jh » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:43 pm

:D That makes my week that we are doing much better than Sinatra on the charts. I agree with Terence. I'm also happy that Woolworths is featuring From Matt With Love. If anyone has a spare circular, could you please save it for me for Fans Reunited? I would love to have a copy! Thanks!

Jon - Very good at saving £2.96! My favourite times are walking all over central London to get the best prices on CDs and vinyl singles. I especially walk up and down Oxford Street to compare the prices at Virgin, Music Zone (now closed), and the two HMVs which sometimes have different prices, especially on singles and easy listening and classical. I do the same for the HMVs at Piccadilly Circus and Convent Garden; sometimes I fit the foot traffic and walk over to Virgin at the old Tower, but I preferred the Virgin near Lillywhites. And last January I had HMV coupons which made this exercise even more challenging and fun!

Administrator
Site Admin

Mid-Weeks

Post by Administrator » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:32 pm

Mid-Week sales as 12.00 noon today - NO 21

Could someone save me a newspaper if you have a spare, I didn't know it was in and would love to see it

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:17 pm

The news just gets better and better 8) lets hope its in the top 20 by Sunday 8)

Return to “From Matt with Love”