From Matt, With Love

Matt's very first dedicated Valentine's Day release includes all the favourites you'd expect including Be My Lady, Till the End of Time, Days of Wine and Roses and Exodus
Administrator
Site Admin

From Matt, With Love

Post by Administrator » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:03 am

Be the first to let me know what you think of the new album. How long did you wait until getting it? Do you like the cover? Did you enjoy the selection of tracks? Did you enjoy the notes? What is your personal opinion of the new Historia de Amor (Love Story)? What song do you wish hadn't been included?

I love hearing all your views, keep an eye out for the TV advert, I want to know who spots it first.

Enjoy the music

john

Post by john » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:43 pm

I collected my copy of the cd this afternoon from hmv here in Blackpool, what a superb collection of songs, I have to say I went to track 10 first, the fabulous spanish version of LOVE STORY, what a great arrangement and Matt's voice on top form as always. I haven't played the entire album as yet but I know it is pure perfection as always. This has GOT to be a big chart hit! :P :lol: :) :D

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:55 pm

John-looks like you may be the first to have this cd--I have just checked out The"Matt Monro with Love "thread on "Matt sings", and noone else has yet posted that they have the cd.
Mariana

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:56 pm

I think I was the first to spot the ad, last-night--half way between Emmerdale--it was Tesco advertising it.
Mariana

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:56 pm

PS--forgot to say-I loved the ad.
Mariana

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:55 pm

Hi Marian and John, yes you are both first to post at seeing the ad, and viewing the Cd. Well done both. :lol: :lol:
We had an e-mail from Amazon this morning to say that the items have been sent, so hopefully tomorrow..... :lol:

Helen

Post by Helen » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:37 pm

Hi all you Matt fans - yeh I got the cd - it's beautifully presented and the red rose cd is just amazing - as to the songs - well do I have to say? JUST FANTASTIC....... I thought about going into the office late - but sanity took over and I purchased it at lunchtime at HMV Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow - it's now 7.33 pm - I'm home and it's already downloaded on my mp3 player!!! Have I said Matt's voice is great!!!!!! :lol:

p.s. Has anyone else noticed the ad for "Unfortgetable lovesongs? Finally, they've put Matt in - one song "Portrait of my Love" - not before time - mI say he should appear on more compilations!!!

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:37 pm

Hi Helen, good to see you posting and to know that you are enjoying the latest CD, and we agree it's always good to see Matt's songs on compilations. Would be nice to see you again this year Helen. ?? :lol:

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:17 pm

I think it will be a little while before my cd arrives. I was shopping in Argos last week-and left my Visa Card in their little machine--they drive me mad, because I am always doing that. But when I phoned Argos, they said noone had handed it in, so I had to cancel, and order a new card.

Well, you can guess what happened next--I found my Visa Card-I had not left it in Argos--it was in my purse all the time!!

However, in the meantime HMV contacted me to say they could not process my order. So I have to wait for my new Visa Card to arrive!!

What a dope :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Mariana

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:59 am

We received our CD this morning." From Matt With Love." The first notable thing for us was the rich colour of the art work and the fuller length picture of Matt that makes it just that little bit different this time.
The well known songs on this collection that have always been Matt's alone all contain the message of love anyway and the rest of them just pure gold. We know that "When I Fall In Love" has always been Nat King Cole's song, but what need we say about Matt's version except to give nothing but deserved credit for Matt's superb velvety tones and lyrics that he delivers fantastically in his own inimitable style. Like John, we also went to Historia De Amour first because after hearing this track at the Fans-re-United, we couldn't wait to hear it again. It really is special.
The line notes enclosed with Matt' career, we know we will will find so beneficial and makes this a brilliant package. All credit and thanks to EMI and Michele. :lol: :lol: :lol:

john

Post by john » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:06 pm

Had more time today to listen to the album, it is pure gold. Great to see a few lesser known ones like ONCE IN EVERY LONG AND LONELY WHILE and the lovely BE MY LADY, plus the greats such as PORTRAIT, WALK AWAY and ON DAYS LIKE THESE. Nice to see gems like TILL THEN MY LOVE and I'M GLAD THERE IS YOU included and Matt's fab version of FOR ONCE IN MY LIFE. Along with the beautiful AUTUMN LEAVES and EBB TIDE this is a must have, not only for the Matt Monro fan, but for any lover of popular music in general.

paul jh

Post by paul jh » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:24 pm

John - You didn't mention one of my very favourites: Till The End Of Time. Michele assured me at Fans Reunited it was on there. I want the world to hear this breathtaking performance.

How was the sequencing? Anything jarring? Or did the songs flow well?

john

Post by john » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:32 pm

The first track Paul is the aptly named WHEN I FALL IN LOVE and then the whole album just flows so smoothly ending with his great version of MUSIC TO WATCH GIRLS BY. TILL THE END OF TIME is there, as promised, track 19. I am sure you will just love the whole cd Paul.

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:17 am

Perry Como's version of "Till The End Of Time" is superb, gentle and melodic, but Matt sings this song with so much more expression, (and take in the breath control towards the end )...so take my heart..... in sweet surrender. How does he do it.???
Ebb Tide, Matt sings with such softness-- In complete comparison to the atrocious Jerry Colonna version that hit our air waves in the Fifties. :roll: Great introductions to "Historia De Amour " "The Music played" but again, and yes,... i know we've mentioned this before :) but we are thrilled that "More" is included on this CD.

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:14 pm

Hooray--just received my cd this morning--about 10 minutes ago--however, I am just off to Sainsburys in an effort to miss the snow tomorrow, so I shall have to listen to it later !
Mariana

Return to “From Matt with Love”