From Matt, With Love

Matt's very first dedicated Valentine's Day release includes all the favourites you'd expect including Be My Lady, Till the End of Time, Days of Wine and Roses and Exodus
Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:09 pm

Glad your CD has arrived Marian. You'll enjoy that with your cuppa when you get back from shopping. We've seen the weather forecast too.
hope it won't be too severe. :(
Funnily enough, I'm just off to Sainsbury's too. Happy Shopping!! :lol: :lol:

john

Post by john » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:57 pm

You will love the cd Marian, happy listening! :D

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:37 am

Believe it or not, it is 11.30, and I still have not had time to listen to it yet---when I got home from Sainsburys---[where it seemed that everyone was stocking up for a siege] I had to take the dogs out, tired as I was---just in case I cannot manage it in the next day or two. When I got in, I spent ages unpacking the shopping--still not had a cuppa---then sat down to watch TV before feeding the dogs, finding the cat, cooking my tea--and dozed off !!!!

However, it is in my cd player all ready to listen to tonight.

I love the selection of songs on it, and I love the cover-looks different.
I made sure that Sainsburys had it in, which they did.
Mariana

jon

Post by jon » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:55 pm

Haven't bought the new CD yet but have had a listen in HMV OXford Street and it sounds great, with several tracks I've previously not heard ("Ebb Tide", "For Once in Every Long and Lonely While", "More"). "Till the End of Time" features on the Hollywood and Broadway album so I already know this, but it's a good example of a song that I'm not sure I like all that much but whose rendition - Matt's of course - I do like, if that makes sense.

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:45 pm

I adore this new cd--the choice of songs is great--even though they are on other albums, it is really good to have all these songs on one album.
I love "Love Story" in Spanish---it reminds me of a very special day--and of course "More", but for me , the star of the show is "Once in every long and Lonely While"--I cannot recall ever hearing this song before, and I thought it was just lovely.

Thanks to Michele for her work in putting together this great album-I am sure that it will do really well--I have already bought another one, to send to my sister.
Mariana

paul jh

Post by paul jh » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:27 pm

Did you buy your sister's CD in a store? What is the pricing of the CD at the various retail establishments? Sorry for the question, but I'm a real record store fanatic, as you all know.

john

Post by john » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:47 pm

The price varies from £9.77, Paul. I paid £12.95 from hmv and then I saw it at Morrisons for £9.77, not sure about the other stores, if you buy it online it is the cheaper end as well. Well worth the money anyhow! :D

paul jh

Post by paul jh » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:58 pm

Thanks for the report John. I would have expected a first week sales price of £9.95 from HMV and Virgin. I've never heard of Morrisons. Is it a grocery store like Tesco and Sainsbugs or a variety store like Woolworths?

john

Post by john » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:02 pm

Yes it's a big grocery store Paul where we do our weekly shop (about 4 times a week! :roll: )

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:50 pm

I bought the cd for my sister in Sainsburys at £9.77 which I thought was a good price-I could have got it slightly cheaper on-line maybe--but as I was in Sainsburys anyway.....

Most of the big supermarkets these days have a cd & dvd section--just the top 75 or so.

My sister always shopped in Morrisons years ago in Suiffolk, but I think it is spreading out a bit more now--but I do not know of any in Kent !
Mariana

john

Post by john » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:56 pm

One of the reasons we shop at Morrisons now (you'll probably think this is a bit silly or sad, or both ), is that there is a duck pond near this particular branch at Cleveleys, and every time we shop we buy a couple of cheap loaves just for the ducks!!! :oops: On days like today when it is freezing I don't think many people are mad enough to go and stand in the cold feeding ducks, but we stand there in all weathers. They were all starving today as well!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:06 pm

I do not think that is either silly or sad, but really kind and thoughtful.

We always used to feed the birds in our garden--until we got a cat---and the birds were ending up as the cat's breakfast !!! So we had to stop.

And if I put food down now, the dogs would eat it before a bird came near !!!
Mariana

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:19 pm

Well done john on feeding the poor little ducks. A very kind gesture, especially in freezing weather like today 8) 8)
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

john

Post by john » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:33 am

I thought you may all think I was quackers. :roll:

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:23 pm

You may be "quackers" john, but you must be good hearted also :wink: :wink:
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

Return to “From Matt with Love”