From Matt with Love

Matt's very first dedicated Valentine's Day release includes all the favourites you'd expect including Be My Lady, Till the End of Time, Days of Wine and Roses and Exodus
frangong

From Matt with Love

Post by frangong » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:17 am

Thanks for the CD "From Matt with Love". I'd like to say how much I enjoy "Historia de Amour". I know the words to "Love Story" so well that when Matt sings the song in Spanish, I visualize his singing it in English, so I have it both ways. Wonderful!!

If any Matt Monro fans care to comment, please do.

Frances Gong
My choice for the title of the Valentine CD is "From Matt with Love." "Til Then, My Love" and "When I Fall in Love" and "More" are my favorite romantic Matt Monro songs.

usafret

FROM MATT WITH LOVE

Post by usafret » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:35 pm

HELLO FRANCES, I LOVE THE WAY MATT SINGS "HISTORIA DE AMORE"
ALSO.
WHAT A RENDITION!
WOULDN'T IT HAVE BEEN GREAT HAD HE SANG IT IN ENGLISH?
WHAT A SHAME HE DIDN'T. (AS FAR AS I KNOW).

HERE IS HOPING WE KEEP GETTING THESE GREAT CDS.
I AM SO LOOKING FORWARD TO "THE BOOK"
GOOD TO SEE YOUR POSTING
ED

Johnbarnes

Re: From Matt with Love

Post by Johnbarnes » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:05 pm

I recently bought 'From Matt with love' and was enchanted by the seemingly unknown track Once in every long and lonely while.
It seems that no one else has recorded it, where did it come from? It is a lovely song beautifully sung

Rmoore

Re: From Matt with Love

Post by Rmoore » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:50 pm

Hi John,
I haven't got my notes with me at the moment, but If memory serves me correctly "Once In Every Long and Lonely While" comes from Matt's third Parlophone album 'I Have Dreamed' Which was made available on CD in it's entirety on just one occasion on the MFP album "Matt Monro Sings"

As an addendum to Frances and Ed's comments above please note that Matt's English version of Love Story is available on "Matt at the Movies" and "The Greatest"

Richard

Return to “From Matt with Love”