Michele

News of the two day event held at Michele's home on 26/27 February 2011
Baz

Michele

Post by Baz » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:35 pm

For those of you who have never met Michele...take my word for it, she is a gemstone.
I visited her today in her house with my wife Elizabeth and two old friends, Tim and Juliet.
Michele was selling off Matt memoribilia and other items in the house itself.
I have a photo coming of us both and I will try to post it for y'all.
Cheers,
Barry.
I am a fan of "real music".
Music performed by Matt Monro, Frank Sinatra and their piers. I once made an album with Humphrey Lyttelton. I play harmonica. The latest CD " Baz with the Jazz legends" is selling well. ( I sell it via my website)

mark porter

Re: Michele

Post by mark porter » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:17 pm

I went along to the house sale on the Saturday on my way to a gig and managed to bag a couple of things, Michele and co were busy running around advising on prices of things that weren't marked up. proper busy bees . We were all made to feel very welcome with a nice cuppa ! Thanks Michele, i hope it raised a nice sum
Last edited by mark porter on Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:35 pm

I hope everything went well for Michele over the weekend--I could not manage to get there unfortunately.
Mariana

Baz

Post by Baz » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:49 am

Hi All
This is all true...
I have been a builder for 52 years ( award winning) and in 1978 I met a guy called Pete Strange who who became Humphrey Lyttelton's tromonist and number one arranger 5 years later in 1983. We were best mates and hit it off like two peas in a pod. ( I am straight!) LOL. I took Pete to the first gig he ever did with Humph at the Bull's head in Barnes in 1983 in London and then spent the next 25 years knocking about weekly with the greatest Jazz bandleader / broadcaster of his time and with his changing and fantastic band until Humph's passing in 2008.
Occasionally, I now go to a gig to see the band who are struggling on in a hell of a recession without the driving force...Humph'.
Pete tragically died of cancer about 4 years ago.
Back In 1996, I asked Humph, jokingly, if he would " do a bit of trumpet" on my debut chromatic harmonica album that I intended to make in a recording studio I had built for myself as a labour of love underneath the house I had built for ourselves at Tatsfield, Near Biggin Hill in KENT, UK.
I was joking really.
Humph said "YES BARRY...LOVE TO"!
What!!! I couldn't believe my ears! These great musicians like Humph' , Matt and the like are just brilliant people let me tell you!
The rest is history.
I went for it big time of course...it was my "oppotunity" and now...16 years later, after a LOT of time and money lovingly chucked at it...I'm internationally known..not only for harmonica playing but poetry as well.

Our beautiful Daughter Davina died suddenly when I was half way building the recording studio at home and I because seriously depressed.
That was 17 years ago this coming April 1oth and right now, following sixteen months of pure hell for both my wife Elizabeth and I, with heart and cancer operations just behind us, we are looking at another light at the end of a hell of a dark tunnel.
That''s the basic true story folks.
Meeting the lovely, open, talented and beautiful Michele Monro two days ago has restored my faith in humanity.
You guys are VERY lucky to know her.
Sincerely,
Barry.
Music performed by Matt Monro, Frank Sinatra and their piers. I once made an album with Humphrey Lyttelton. I play harmonica. The latest CD " Baz with the Jazz legends" is selling well. ( I sell it via my website)

Marian

Post by Marian » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:54 am

Sorry to hear you and your wife have not been well Baz, but pleased things are looking up for you again now.
I hope you bought a few nice momentoes 0f Matt and/or Mickie at Michele's house sale.

Baz

Post by Baz » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:07 am

Hi Marian
Yep'
1. The MM " Words and music" 4cd - which is a gem.
2. A " Harrods" shopping bag for a quid! LOL
( I can pose with that one or put my harps in it maybe!)
3. A great bunch of place mats.
4. A cooking thingy that my wife liked ( can't remember the name of it?)
5. Two Spec's cases with spec's in them, just for the cases , although one pair of spec's did work well on me!
I looked at a didgeridoo and tried to play the beast.
Michele's son did for us all...amazing sound!
Yep'
It was a great day out thanks.
Sunshine on the way, rain on the way back.

cmartin_ok

Post by cmartin_ok » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:40 pm

I'm very glad I managed to get along to the house. Michele is an amazing lady, wish I'd had more time to chat to her but so many others wanted her time too! Managed to buy a few CD's and a piece of Matt memorabilia. Hope that the dog wasn't too fazed by all the strange people wandering in and out !
Please call me Chris, and see some of my photos at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cmartin_ok

Baz

Post by Baz » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:53 pm

Maybe I can load the picture that was taken of Michele and me?
Here goes:-( Too big I think)
I will try again.
Barry.

cmartin_ok

Post by cmartin_ok » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:41 pm

Is this you?

Marian

Post by Marian » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:31 pm

Those are Sue and Mike Parker with Michele Chris. :D

cmartin_ok

Post by cmartin_ok » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:03 pm

Thanks, Marian. This was the first fan meet-up I've been to, and I hope that it's not the last

Marian

Post by Marian » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:41 am

You must try to get to the Friends Reunited meet in September Chris.
We have thoroughly enjoyed the previous ones. :D

cmartin_ok

Post by cmartin_ok » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:56 pm

I cannot readily see anything about a meet-up this year. Do you know when/where it is? September could be very busy for me as hopefully both my kids will start at university. Elder one has a confirmed place at Nottingham (deferred from last year) but younger one looks like she will have to go through clearing :(

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:28 pm

Michele has mentioned it on her "News Page".

It will be Sept 14th , in London, Kensington.
Mariana

Marian

Post by Marian » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:20 am

Yes it's in the News section Chris. I've taken the liberty of putting the relevant section here too.

"I am delighted to say that we are going to be holding a very special event on Wednesday 14th September. The first part, in the afternoon will be another, long-awaited, ‘Fans Reunited’ gathering followed in the evening by the book and CD launch. EMI have graciously offered up their premises in Kensington for the event, which is very exciting as it is a first for them and Virginia McKenna is to be my special guest. Spaces for fans will be limited to 50 people and if you wish to attend you need to submit your interest now. There is a rather long invite list from both EMI and Titan so it will be a matter of first come first served."

I'm sure it will be a very special occasion Chris. :D

Return to “House Sale”