A Very Special Day at Michele's 26 Feb 2011

News of the two day event held at Michele's home on 26/27 February 2011
mark and marie

A Very Special Day at Michele's 26 Feb 2011

Post by mark and marie » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:53 pm

Michele House contents sale

26th February what a very special day.
I find it very difficult to put into words and only wish that you all could have shared in this magical day.
Who-ever would have thought that one day Matt Monro’s daughter Michele would be inviting us all into her home. Allowing us to share her world. Allowing us to look, touch and buy some of the Monro family items.
How lucky we all were to be offered this invitation.

After 2 hours travelling, Michele greeted us with a very big, happy smile which made us feel so welcome. Then ......W O W ......there on the wall was an absolutely magnificent portrait of Matt. It was SO STUNNING and felt like Matt too was welcoming us. We knew Mickie wouldn’t be far away and so we felt very much at ease.

We spent hours absorbing what we saw before our eyes as we browsed from one room to another, chatting to new friends over a cup of tea.

At 4pm those of us still there seated ourselves ready to participate in an audio recording by Michele. I do so look forward to buying this recording. It was just SO SPECIAL to listen to Michele narrate stories about her father and some of the very, very special times they had together.
In-between the stories we listened to some of Matt’s greatest songs.
Both Michele and Matt led us back in time, soaking up happy and sentimental memories. We both laughed and cried with heart-felt emotion.

It was a truly magical day.

We sincerely hope that you have enjoyed to share this experience with us.
Many Blessings
Mark and Marie

mariana44

Re: A Very Special Day at Michele's 26 Feb 2011

Post by mariana44 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:37 pm

Hi Mark and Marie--thank you for telling us about your lovely day with Michele--I , like so many I guess, would loved to have been there, but for various reasons , found it impossible.

But it is so good to hear from those who went.

Hope you got yourselves a lovely "Matt souvenir".
Last edited by mariana44 on Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mariana

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:19 am

Thank you for your nice posting Mark and Marie. Unfortunately we also couldn't get to Micheles sale for several reasons, but we know that Michele would instanly make you feel welcome, and we are pleased to know that you had a really wonderful time. :)

Gray

Post by Gray » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:06 am

I am also happy you had such a wonderful time!

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:26 am

Yes we also would LOVE to have been there.But is is great to read such detailed information from Mark and Marie :)

cmartin_ok

Post by cmartin_ok » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:12 pm

I wish I could have stayed longer and also heard the reading late afternoon. It was a special day and I am happy to have had a small part in it. There are still days when I miss my late granny (mum's mum); she passed away suddenly aged 91 in Feb 2000 and was fully "with it" when she went. I know that when anything happens to my parents, it will hit me hard.
Please call me Chris, and see some of my photos at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cmartin_ok

Return to “House Sale”