Sunday 13 March - Your Radio 106.9FM - Mike Mclean

Michele Monro

Sunday 13 March - Your Radio 106.9FM - Mike Mclean

Post by Michele Monro » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:36 pm

Mike Mclean will be presenting a half an hour tribute to John Barry on his Sunday evening show Vinyl Frontier on Your Radio 106.9 FM. I am hoping we might hear Born Free or Quiller Memorandum. The show runs between 7.00-10.00pm

http://www.yourradiofm.com/

Rob H

Re: Sunday 13 March - Your Radio 106.9FM - Mike Mclean

Post by Rob H » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:36 am

Mike interviewed me on the show which was a first for me. I have been a John Barry devotee for forty years. I have a vast collection of his music and a family member on my mothers side was in the John Barry Seven in the early sixties.During the eighties I was a photographic designer for a publication called International Filmusic and I followed his career as well as his fellow film composers ( John Williams, Ennio Morricone etc etc). I know members of his family and met up with him for drinks (several) in London in the week he won his oscar for 'Out of Africa'. He walked into the foyer that day for our chat with a few friends who ran his appreciation society, without nobody else knowing who he was!! Sadly,he was another icon who passed away in January! John had the deepest admiration for Matt, not just as singer but as a friend.

Read; Jonn Barry 'A Sixties Theme From James Bond to Midnight Cowboy' by Eddie Fiegel
Rob H

Return to “Sunday 13 March 2011 - Your Radio 106.9 FM - Mike Mclean”