FANS REUNITED GET TOGETHER--TUESDAY 13TH SEPTEMBER 2011

The event of 2011. Are you coming? Come and share your thoughts.
Lana

Re: FANS REUNITED GET TOGETHER--TUESDAY 13TH SEPTEMBER 2011

Post by Lana » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:11 am

Thank you Mariana, Marian, John, Maureen and Harry, and Sandra for all your kind words. Our itinerary came in the mail on Saturday. We will be arriving in London on Sept. 12th and staying in Kensington. Mariana ... thank you for your number. I will keep it with me. We will be traveling first to Italy on Sept. 5th and leaving from there on the 12th for London. I am visiting my friend every day until I leave. She knows she's traveling with me in my heart and we're planning to have a long talk when I get back. The joy isn't there yet for me but I'm working on it. I have to consider my daughter in all of this and will do my utmost to be a good mom and companion on this trip. Thank you all for your support as well.

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:22 am

Hi Lana--hope you can enjoy your trip, despite everything, and looking forward to seeing you soon. I will be in Kensington about 2.00 on the 13th--but that is the day you are travelling to Stonehenge I believe !!
Mariana

Lana

Post by Lana » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:46 am

Hi, Mariana! I'm packing tomorrow for our flight out of Boston on Monday. My friends and I have a website set up for our friend in hospice so that we can check in on how things are going day to day. I will be able to access it while abroad. My daughter will be able to use her regular cell phone number for the temporary international calling plan at an extremely reasonable rate! I will send the number to you by PM - that is... once I figure out how to do this : ) I found out yesterday that the newspaper my friend works for is planning to set up a memorial scholarship fund in her name. This means so much to us to have her legacy continue in this manner. It is a perfect tribute to her talent and her whole life that has been dedicated to others. I am honored just in knowing her and blessed to be called her friend. She will be with me on this journey !

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:02 am

Hi Lana---that is such a lovely idea for the newspaper to set up the scholarship, in your friends name, while she can appreciate it. And I know it will be easier for you to be able to keep track of youir friend while you are away. She sounds an amazing lady.

It sounds like all systems go your end.

If you want to send me your number by email to make it easier, that is Ok--- mbdoyle4@aol.com

The weather here is a little cooler but dry-so hope you have a good flight--about 5 or 6 hours from Boston as I recall.
Mariana

john

Post by john » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:05 pm

Have a good journey Lana and we'll look forward to seeing you and your daughter in a few days time.

Lana

Post by Lana » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:39 pm

Just picked a peach from our tree to take to my friend today. Wish I could bring a few to share with you folks but I believe Customs would frown on that. Clothes are drying on the clothesline and I will enjoy that fresh laundered scent when I open my suitcase. Chrissie, my daughter, has us going on a little tour of Sorrento, Italy first from the 5th to the 11th. We fly into London on the 12th. I'm still a bit nervous but it will work out okay. I will bring the Winter 2011 volume of The Poet's Touchstone if anyone is interested. It is published by the Poetry Society of New Hampshire and has my friend's entry that won her third place in the national contest. Love her to pieces : ) Take care all of you and have a good week.

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:48 pm

The weather has been baking hot in Italy, so prepare for much cooler weather when you hit the UK Lana :wink:
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

linda huthmaker

Post by linda huthmaker » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:58 am

Hi Marian,
I wish I had known about the Sept 13th get-together at the restaurant. Sorry I didn't meet you, yesterday, when we were all at Thai Terrace-wasn't it great? The food was fantastic, and then going over to EMI was excellent, as well.

I'm back home, now, in Los Angeles-had a great flight, today.

Take care-see you, next time.
Regards,
Linda Huthmaker
Linda Lou

Marian

Post by Marian » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:33 am

Hi Linda, It's the other Marian here. Sorry we didn't get to meet you either, but so pleased you had a good time and arrived home safely. I believe you might have been the lady who won the main prize in the raffle? How lovely for you if you were, and such a special memento to take home.
It was great to meet two other travellers from the U.S. Lana and her daughter, who we hope had a smooth trip home too. Look forward to hearing how your special friend is and how much she enjoys hearing all about our fantastic day.
:D :D

Return to “Fans Reunited - Wednesday 14 September 2011”