The Aftermath

The event of 2011. Are you coming? Come and share your thoughts.
mark and marie

Re: The Aftermath

Post by mark and marie » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:43 pm

Dear All

Firstly we would like to apologise for our late arrival at the Thai restaurant. Two large lorries with scaffolding were blocking the road for 45 minutes (instead of holding a building up, it held us up)

Thank you one and all - especially to Michele for your HERCULIAN organising skill which you pefected to a fine art, with help from your family and Richard.

It is Sunday and we are still buzzing from the excitement of meeting up with you all.
In EMI we were sat with the beautiful June Marlow who told us that on Matt's first day at the recording studios they awaited him with apprehension (ANOTHER singer who would not understand the musicians). However when they heard Matt sing they were overwhelmed and stunned by his amazing voice, professionalism and personality. Matt still stunns everyone.

Everyone was so friendly and the atmosphere was like one huge happy family sharing our laughter and tears together. You all have a place in our hearts - by the way we have very big hearts, we'll have you know.

We would like to end with the touching words that Anita Harris expressed, 'This evening feels like COMING HOME "

Gray

Post by Gray » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:53 am

I am so happy for you all, to experience such an event, how wonderful.
Thanks to everyone for sharing your thoughts.

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:05 am

Is there a separate section in the Scrapbook for the photos from the recent fans reunited and Book Launch--last time I looked, I could not see one.

I think, as there are so many photos in the section for the last Fans reuniteds, it would be a good idea to have a separate section for this one--I am reluctant to put my photos on just yet--so Michele or Richard--can we have a separate section please ?
Mariana

Marian

Post by Marian » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:42 pm

I know Michele is planning to have a slideshow ready for the October updates Marian, so maybe you should just send them to her. :D

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:47 pm

Thanks Marian-I will do that---it had not occurred to me.
Mariana

john

Post by john » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:58 pm

It should make a great slideshow, there are some lovely photos from the event. :)

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:58 pm

I sent mine to Michele yesterday.
Mariana

maureen & harry

Post by maureen & harry » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:26 pm

We have read all the postings and enjoyed reading every one of them.

What a fantastic event Fans Reunited Day was. From all the reports and photos etc., it was certainly a day to remember. To be honest, whilst watching the videos we felt as though we had actually been there as we saw so many familiar faces of our friends on the forum and so many famous people too.

We know all of us on the forum and beyond are so proud of Michele and Richard for putting this superb event together. Sadly we know there isn't going to be another Fans Reunited planned but we are very fortunate we can keep in touch on our forum and who knows we may get the chance to meet up sometime in the future.

:D :D

paul jh

Post by paul jh » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:35 pm

Today is the second month anniversary of the fabulous day of September 14. I still think regularly of the great events and wonderful people. But in some ways it seems like it occurred many more months ago. I really can't explain this unusual feeling. I'm still unpacking my goodie bag and other stuff from my trip so maybe that has something to do with it.

Marian

Post by Marian » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:31 am

It was a very memorable time Paul and one that will take us all some time to recover from the feeling of I'm sure. Great seeing you again, and of course all the others there too. :D
Hopefully we will all meet again one day! :D

Return to “Fans Reunited - Wednesday 14 September 2011”