Re: Absent Friends

The event of 2011. Are you coming? Come and share your thoughts.
maureen & harry

Post by maureen & harry » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:38 pm

As some of you know we were away on the day of Fans Reunited but we would like to share with you how we celebrated this special day.

There was a five hour time difference so we probably weren't celebrating in sync with you all so we decided to celebrate in the time zone we were in.
We went for lunch and whilst enjoying a nice glass of wine, we raised our glasses and toasted Michele, Richard and everyone who was there and all of the people who couldn't be there.

Last year Maureen was fortunate enough to successfully bid for the bottle of Joy Perfume which Matt had bought for Mickie which she treasured unopened for many years. We wanted to open it on a very special occasion and we thought this was the most special time as Matt, Mickie, all the family and all our friends on the forum were in our thoughts at this time and it really is a beautiful perfume.

We then went down to dinner and toasted you all with another glass of wine and finally at the end of the evening, we had a brandy nightcap and toasted you all again (hic)!!

:D :D :D

Marian

Post by Marian » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:57 pm

That was a beautiful way to celebrate with us all Maureen and Harry, and so nice that you were able to join us in spirit on that special day. It sounds as if you had more toasts than we did who were there!
It sounded just the occasion to open your perfume too Maureen, so pleased to hear you like it. :D

karl

Post by karl » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:23 pm

Any excuse for a toast eh? Don't mind if I do!!!! :lol:

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:06 pm

Glad to know that although you could not be with us in person, you were with us in "spirit"---in more ways than one, by the sounds of it !!!
Mariana

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:20 pm

So very glad that you celebrated with us all 'in spirit' Maureen and Harry.

You were very much missed .

Love from Sandra and John :D

john

Post by john » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:06 pm

Wish you could have been there, Maureen and Harry, we were thinking of you both. :)

paul jh

Post by paul jh » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:15 am

Thanks for sharing your special day with us. You were missed and we thought of you. I was hoping to talk to you about the Manchester record stores and the fabulous shopping there! Maybe we'll have that opportunity sometime in the future.

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:51 am

Thank you Maureen and Harry for sharing your special day with us, and there couldn't have been a more special and nicer time to open your treasured perfume. Every time you wear this perfume it will always be a reminder of both Matt and Mickie.
We really missed you this time at the Fans re-united but we know now how you were thinking of us all. Thank you again for sharing your happy occasion with us. :)

maureen & harry

Post by maureen & harry » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:06 pm

Thank you so much Marian, Karl, Mariana, Sandra, Paul, Lena & Harry for reading about us and how we celebrated Fans Reunited Day. We were very happy to share our special time with you.

:D :D

jon

Post by jon » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:28 am

Sorry I was unable to attend the Friends Reunited event this year as it seems you all had a great time. I've had rather a lot on my plate recently, both professionally and personally, so the time wasn't right to come, but I was certainly there in spirit, and it's nice to see that so many of the forumites were able to attend. The launch seems to have been an amazing event and I'm quite jealous of you all for being in the presence of so many famous people. I wonder if you got to speak to any of them directly. Looking forward to seeing all the photos of the event.

Marian

Post by Marian » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:40 pm

Sorry you missed the event Jon, and hope things are looking better for you now.
We did really have a wonderful day, and the photos are in three separate slideshows and a video on the 'News' section in this month's updates.
You'll need to put aside about an hour to see and read everything! :D
Good to see you back on the forum Jon.

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:08 pm

Hi Jon--yes we were able to speak to all the celebrities and take photos --they were all so friendly and approachable.
Mariana

john

Post by john » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:30 pm

Yes, it was a lovely evening Jon and there are some super photos to look at. :)

Return to “Fans Reunited - Wednesday 14 September 2011”