Hospital Radio Programme

The event of 2011. Are you coming? Come and share your thoughts.
paul jh

Hospital Radio Programme

Post by paul jh » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:46 am

I really enjoyed Michele's latest Hospital Radio Programme. I was expecting all Matt Monro, but there were other artists. I had never heard that Frank Sinatra recording. The Sammy Davis Jr song was great of course. I liked George Martin's piano solo and the John Barry film theme. I liked Paul Anka singing Oasis's Wonderwall, but that song would work in any arrangement. I disagree with Michele (and probably others on the forum) and I am pleased that Robbie Williams doesn't want to make any more standards album. I want to hear new songs from him and don't like him singing standards (except I did like his Something Stupid with Nicole Kidman). There aren't separate tracks; everything is on track #1. Fortunately I was driving on a quiet road so my finger could hold down the fast forward button so I didn't have to hear the voice that shall never be played on any of my stereo equipment. But Ella came after, which is always a pleasure.

All of Michele's stories were so interesting as they weren't on the "Words" audio book.

Thanks for letting us hear this!

mariana44

Re: Hospital Radio Programme

Post by mariana44 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:46 pm

I enjoyed listening too.

Paul, have you seen that Robbie is recording a new album for release next year--I loved him doing the "Swing" album, and I had read he was doing another one-but I do not think that this will be it.
Mariana

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:27 am

paul jh wrote: Fortunately I was driving on a quiet road so my finger could hold down the fast forward button so I didn't have to hear the voice that shall never be played on any of my stereo equipment.
What is that then Paul ? :)
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:43 am

I think I can guess--initials M B.
Mariana

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:29 pm

What is wrong with Max Bygraves then!!!! :lol: :lol:

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:12 am

Yes, I remember Paul does not like MB :wink:

Rmoore

Post by Rmoore » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:32 pm

Paul, the reason it is one track long is that it was made specifically to be played back on H. R. as a complete show so is presented that way.

NOTE: This special was Distributed ONLY to Hospital Radio stations. Any unauthorised distribution is prohibited by copyright law.

Your car radio was evidently picking up one of the few stations that have received the special!!

Rob H

Post by Rob H » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:50 pm

I loved the whole programme, and some lovely stories about John Barry. I will tell his sister about the Barry Manilow story this Sunday, when I meet her in York! Richard, did you catch Radio 2 on Sunday night around 10pm, when your name was mentioned alongside Michele's about your stirling work with remastering Matt's work?
Rob H

Rmoore

Post by Rmoore » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:14 pm

I knew it was happening as I supplied the track to them - Haven't heard it though! Will recify that now!

Richard

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:19 am

This is a copy of the post I put up on Sunday regarding the programme :wink:

....................but I did hear Matt sing Bound For Texas on Russell Davies programme :) Russell gave a mention the the Monro family and to ..........."sound maestro" Richard Moore ......for sending him a "clean" version of the song, as the only other released version of the song was on a crackly old LP............ which is obviously false, as the song was released an a CD not too long ago :wink: .........why do DJ's make so many mistakes :roll: ...............only this afternoon a DJ on local radio station Magic, said after playing Portrait of My Love that Matt was well known as a "Milkman" before his singing career .............

Rmoore

Post by Rmoore » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:42 pm

I can for give Russell & his producer. They knew about the CD release (They needed catalogue details for PRS purposes). however it was a limited release in Japan, so in this country it HASN'T been released on anything but Vinyl.

The version they played was from that CD, but cleaned up by yours truely as it had originally come from the optical track of the film rather than a tape.

This was cleaned up for release a few years ago, however rights couldn't be cleared so this never happened.

Richard

Return to “Fans Reunited - Wednesday 14 September 2011”