Singer's Singer Error

A collection of 100 of Matt's greatest recordings on 4 CDs including hits, classic album tracks, rare recordings and jingles. New edition completely remastered from the original EMI and Capitol tapes.
karl

Singer's Singer Error

Post by karl » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:20 am

So far I have listened to disc 1 but I noticed the tracks are not as listed on the sleeve, with tracks 23 & 24 being in the wrong order!

mariana44

Re: Singer's Singer Error

Post by mariana44 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:23 am

I think you are the first person to notice that Karl-well spotted. I would never notice as I always play my discs on random--I like trying to guess what track will come on next !
Mariana

karl

Post by karl » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:52 am

I only noticed it as I was looking at the case at the time Marion and knew what should have been next!!!

paul jh

Post by paul jh » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:25 pm

Karl --- there is an entire sub-forum about The Singer's Singer CD release and this should have been posted there. By placing it here, one doesn't know if it refers to the book or CD.

I have several CDs where this occurs. One can review the final master copies as thoroughly as possible, but the manufacturer will do whatever they want. At least the songs are both there. I had a Rhino 70s compilation CD that listed a song by BT Express, but put their other hit on. Good for me, because that's what I really wanted.

karl

Post by karl » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:35 pm

Paul I think my post make it clear enough , my 7th word is Disc!

Also I am well aware about the threads for the disc but I have opened a new one on errors which I hope meets with your approval?

Everyone's a critic!!! :roll:

Rmoore

Post by Rmoore » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:43 pm

That is exteremly odd as I followed the original running order when I put the discs together. I will have to check my masters and see where the error occured - Don't know if it was my mistake or something that happened at the pressing plant.

I'm sure it won't harm your enjoyment of the set too much!

Richard

paul jh

Post by paul jh » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:36 pm

karl wrote:Paul I think my post make it clear enough , my 7th word is Disc!

Also I am well aware about the threads for the disc but I have opened a new one on errors which I hope meets with your approval?

Everyone's a critic!!! :roll:
I can't find your other post. Where is it?

And it's not about being a critic. Michele and Richard have set up this excellent organised forum and I feel we should use it with detailed titles for new threads. (Sorry, this is what I do every day and I drive my staff and co-workers nuts, I guess that's why I just won a "cake in your face" contest (to raise funds for our upcoming picnic).)

I do enjoy reading all your posts Karl.

karl

Post by karl » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:01 pm

Don't worry Richard the fault is not yours and I only noticed it as I happened to pick up the case as that track was playing and realised those particular tracks were not in sequence, it does not marr my enjoyment of listening to Matt!
Last edited by karl on Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

karl

Post by karl » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:08 pm

Paul the post you are making the fuss about is at the top of this thread and which you already replied to. I started a new thread as this one has to do with "errors" !

However I am afraid I do not consider errors on this site as major priority, what I do consider major are miners drowing in a pit, children getting shot at school, 9/11 and other terrible tragedies - these are all things I consider IMPORTANT!

Things like this may irritate some but they are not important. :)

Oh and by the way the cake in the face sounds verrryyyyy tempting!!! :lol: :roll: Did they actually do that to you?

Return to “The Singer's Singer (re-release)”