Singles Collection.....WELL DONE Richard!!!!

A fantastic remastered 5 disc collection for the discerning collector. This set includes every official A and B side release from Matt's years with Fontana, Decca, EMI, Parlophone and Capitol Records.
ROBERT M.

Re: Singles Collection.....WELL DONE Richard!!!!

Post by ROBERT M. » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:09 am

I agree with everyone..........thanks Michele and Richard :D .............read yesterday that EMI have lost nearly £2 billion pounds, so these releases may become few and far between very soon :wink:
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:06 am

Listening to Disc 1 tonight :D ............I have heard most of the songs, but not all. The new songs are so beautiful :D .........and the sound quality is perfect :D .........thanks Richard :D

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:13 am

The song A Story of Ireland in quickly becoming one of my all time favourite Matt tracks :) the melody and Matt's wonderful phrasing is beautiful..........the song makes the hairs on my neck stand up............. :D

john

Post by john » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:11 pm

It is a nice record Robert, in fact I think 'Story Of Ireland' is the best of the early singles.

len & freda

Post by len & freda » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:58 pm

Have just managed to listen to all five discs, absolutely superb, only wish Len was here to listen to them with me.

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:43 pm

Hi Freda, we agree the singles CDs are fantastic, we are thinking of you, and can understand how listening to all those songs would bring back so many memories of Len, and happy times together. :)

lori

Post by lori » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:12 am

The Singles Collection ... i love every song needless to say... we all do. I think 'Fourth Blue Monday' is absolutely the best.. it seems Matt really was a thespian .. every song he sings .. he is acting out the song. Perhaps that is the reason every song is perfection. 'The Man With The Golden Voice' ... will remain golden forever. and never to be tarnished.

dennyelvis

Post by dennyelvis » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:40 pm

I just want to add that this collection sits proudly on my shelf, i always thought Matts music deserved a fresh lick of paint, so its hats off to Richard i believe, for a marvelous job remastering this set, so crisp and clear, and if its poss it makes Matts diction sound even better .
Got a scrapbook full of quotes I can't recall at all. There were times I felt the world belonged to me.

paul jh

Post by paul jh » Wed May 26, 2010 11:15 pm

Rmoore wrote: I particularly enjoy the Capitol Material on Disc 3! 'Other People' being a favourite.

Richard
Other People is very nice, but that last note bothers me; it always sounds dissonant to me. I know he sings it perfectly, but it's the arrangement that slightly bothers me. I know it's just a sixth or seventh (or something like that). Does it really not affect you too, Richard?

Rmoore

Post by Rmoore » Thu May 27, 2010 9:24 am

I can't say that it bothers me - it's not like the dis chord in Bobby Vee's "More than I Can Say" during the orchestral break, that has always annoyed the hell out of me! Each to their own!

Richard

lori

Post by lori » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:19 am

\It has been some time since I have posted anything.. but rest assured Matt Monro lives here in Kansas always.. I just want to say how much I have enjoyed and `love the Singlies collection. Every song to perfection!! I do believe the first disc # 1 his young voice sounds different from the more mature Matt... Even though still beautiful .. But I still feel every now and then I have to voice my thought to the rest of you Monro lovers... So thanks for listening LORI

maureen & harry

Post by maureen & harry » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:47 pm

So glad to hear that you enjoyed the Singles Collection Lori. As you say Matt's voice is so wonderful to listen to.

I am listening to From Russia With Love at the moment - bliss!

Maureen & Harry :D :D

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:45 pm

Nice to hear from you Lori, hope ypu are keeping well :) I'm listening to disc 4 tonight for the first time :)

lori

Post by lori » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:58 am

Hi Robert... though I do love all of the Singles collection... I am particularly fond of Disc 4 .. I think my very favorite of all So I hope you enjoy Disc 4 as I do BEST WISHES hope you are well and happy

Return to “The Complete Singles Collection”