The Greatest

This collection features a selection of Matt Monro's best loved hits. Celebrating the 25th anniversary of the singer's passing, the CD includes the previously unreleased 'I'll Never Fall in Love Again'.
paul jh

Re: The Greatest

Post by paul jh » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:50 pm

Rmoore wrote:I'm afraid that the release date for The Greatest has been moved! It is now 1st March so this is why the delivery date has changed. They are apparently aiming it at the Mothers Day market now!

Do please remember that the Singles isn't actually released officially until Monday so Amazon are not lagging behind much! I have often had Amazon e-mails saying the product has dispatched the day AFTER I've received the goods so perhaps it's on it's way!

Richard
:?: Does this mean there's time to remove Unchained Melody or The Nearness of You (don't care which as they will both be automatic skips for me) and replace them with On Days Like These? :) :wink: Just kidding ... well maybe not. Michele herself told Eric Hall that any list of Matt Monro's best must include On Days Like These. Then it's not on this collection which will have major distribution across the UK. :? :shock:

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:14 pm

I love ...The Nearness Of You Paul, more so perhaps than Unchained Melody,
Only one I could easily skip over but altogether a nice selection. :) :)

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:56 pm

Did anyone hear Matt Jnr mention the Eurovision song when they were talking about atrocious recordings :wink: ............but I like - I Love the Little Thing's.......it not a bad song at all :wink: :)
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

Rmoore

Post by Rmoore » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:17 am

I think he said song'S'

They are not all good!

Richard

paul jh

Post by paul jh » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:14 am

I know that Matt Jnr doesn't like On Days Like These. I didn't understand what they were saying about the Eurovision song. Michele mentioned French Poodle as being a terrible song. But I listened to it again and I think it's kind of cute.

I like that Matt sings the opening verse of The Nearness of You. But his voice sounds a bit tight to me with not much emotion. I thought he recorded this during what I call the glorious "My Love And Devotion" era, so I was expecting those amazing vocals. But I could be wrong about the period when he recorded The Nearness of You. It's all personal opinion and the fact that I'm not too fond of the song also plays a part in all this. :)

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:39 pm

My CD 'The Greatest' is on it's way from Amazon!! :D
SORRY WRONG CD- A FRANK SINATRA GREAT SONGS FROM GREAT BRITAIN ON THE WAY!! :?

Return to “The Greatest”