Allen Pollock - Freelance Reviewer

This collection features a selection of Matt Monro's best loved hits. Celebrating the 25th anniversary of the singer's passing, the CD includes the previously unreleased 'I'll Never Fall in Love Again'.
Administrator
Site Admin

Allen Pollock - Freelance Reviewer

Post by Administrator » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:39 pm

A FINE COLLECTION OF MATT MONRO STAR TRACKS, 18 Feb 2010
By A. POLLOCK (PLYMOUTH, DEVON United Kingdom)

Although not comparable with Matt's 130 song /5CD anthology THE COMPLETE SINGLES COLLECTION this compilation boasts twenty-five songs with PORTRAIT OF MY LOVE, SOFTLY AS I LEAVE YOU, FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE and BORN FREE amongst the included hits, so is obviously aimed towards the more casual buyer looking for a typical Monro collection. It certainly fills that need by adding UNCHAINED MELODY, FOR ALL WE KNOW and SPANISH EYES to the mix; not forgetting the television commercial-utilised THIS IS THE LIFE and THE IMPOSSIBLE DREAM plus what I consider to be one of Matt's crowning achievements WHEN I FALL IN LOVE. However, EMI has also sneakily added the previously unreleased Bacharach/David opus I'LL NEVER FALL IN LOVE AGAIN as marketing bait to provide the necessary carrot to tempt his many admirers to fork out their pennies to grab a copy.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Greatest-Matt-M ... 701&sr=1-3

Mark Fox

Re: Allen Pollock - Freelance Reviewer

Post by Mark Fox » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:08 pm

Allen also writes for IN TUNE INTERNATIONAL. :D

Return to “The Greatest”