Matt Uncovered - The Rarer Monro

Five years in the making it delivers exactly what it says on the cover. Stored in the vaults of EMI and the BBC for more than four decades this sees 50 + wonderful new tracks as well as a smattering of unearthed jingles that Matt recorded for some of the most prestigious products of the day.
LindyG

Re: Matt Uncovered - The Rarer Monro

Post by LindyG » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:22 am

HI EVERYONE!

It arrived it arrived it arrived!!
I have begun reading Michele's marvelous notes (I am a technical writer/editor, and I have appreciated every line of Michele's writing that I've read (I read a lot of bad writing in America! and have to edit it! :P ).....

I'm going to read all of Michele's notes a couple times. Then, like Mr. Bean, when I'm well prep'd, I will commence to listen to Richard's splendid wizardry that has brought us these gifts from Matt.
Maybe not till Friday night. The moment must be right. I know that Robert and Eman can appreciate this deliberation too! They use similar methodology. :D

Oh, do I ever LOVE the photos in this CD!

Eman

Post by Eman » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:30 am

Lindy, perfect!! You got that right, find some special time to just relax and listen to Matt without any distractions or interuptions. Life is good, I listened to it today as I came home early from work, just went in my room and closed the door and really listened. Nice and soothing made me forget all about my allergies.

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:31 am

That is brilliant news for you Lindy :) ..........so the CD arrived on the correct date, that would be a miracle over here :wink: :lol:
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:35 am

LindyG wrote: (I am a technical writer/editor, and I have appreciated every line of Michele's writing that I've read (I read a lot of bad writing in America! and have to edit it! :P ).....

I'm going to read all of Michele's notes a couple times. Then, like Mr. Bean, when I'm well prep'd
You will have to edit your own post then Lindy.................I don't think "prep'd" is proper English :wink: :lol:
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:04 am

Marian-yes he would but I try to persuade him that we need a few 'quiet' listens before he joins in :roll: :wink:

BUT he is already driving me mad as our favourite is IT CAN'T BE WRONG and he loves it too so singing along has to be :lol:

Marian

Post by Marian » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:35 am

Great review Lena and Harry. Hope you'll be putting one on Amazon too. :D

karl

Post by karl » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:56 am

The review from L&H is on the other thread but why don't you put one on Amazon too Marian? An edited one from L&H would look good on Amazon.

Come on all you MM fans, so far the only reviewers are John and I!!! :shock:

Marian

Post by Marian » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:31 pm

I did read Lena and Harry's review Karl, I thought that thread was for reviews only, so I used this one for my comment.
I have put quite a few reviews on Amazon before, but I need more time to do justice to this one. :)

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:43 pm

Harry,.....well I :wink: :wink: put a review on Amazon, short but to the point. :)
Looking forward to reading some more reviews. It is a dream album though :) :)
Mind you with so many Matt Uncovered, The Rare Monro threads,... for someone my age, it can be quite confusing :wink: :wink: :wink:

Marian

Post by Marian » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:41 pm

Join the club Lena! :lol:

LindyG

Post by LindyG » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:12 am

When last I posted, my Mr. Beanesque happy plan was to retreat to diversion-free land/space/time with my beloved Matt and finally hear what Richard and Michelle have brought us from the most gifted tunecrooner in planet Earth's history.

Mr. Bean, indeed...
Last night for two hours, between coming home wasted from work and going to bed to get up for work, instead of celebrating with Matt's exquisiteness (to borrow Michelle's accurate descriptor), I was treated to a carpet cleaner installed on a van running, no, ROARING, the WORLD's MOST DEAFENING GENERATOR from which there was no escape and no hearing Matt.

Tonight I hoped for better, but it is the annual AIR SHOW above and all around my apartment building, which will run from this evening through Sunday evening. I don't know why they call it euphemistically, "AIR SHOW". Air doesn't make NOISE, NOISE, and more NOISE!!!
This is deafening, and the F-something war makers that are whirling and twirling and spiraling their deafeningness above and around my apartment complex are not AIRY, and it's not fair-y that I'm not listening to only our Terry right now. :(

But I do have him playing anyway, so every time the F-somethings disappear for a few minutes (only to BLAST back again in a short time), I am getting to hear Matt. And I love what I'm hearing. "I'll Be Around" is on now. If I wasn't already head over heels in love with Matt, I would be now, even with F-somethings competing with his wondrous voice.
Previously, the F-somethings gave way long enough so I could hear "I Suddenly" and "It's Only a Paper Moon"....and did I ever swoon!

BLASTING again, and now I'm hearing what is certainly one of my NEW FAVORITE recordings of Matt's:
"What Makes a Sunset?" :wink: :D :wink: BEAUTIFUL!

Thank you Matt and Michele and Richard and musicians, arrangers, producers, engineers, et al.
These are wondrous blessings, even with the F-somethings shattering my eardrums now and then.
"I've Got You Under My Skin" sounds fantastic!

Oh oh! Here come the old WWII fighter planes that are probably flying on borrowed time. They sound like the rubber band in the engine is going to snap as they reach my building. Time to grab valuables and get ready to run out when they hit the building. Grabbing all my Matt CDs first.....oh no, here they come! Building's shaking... :shock:

Eman

Post by Eman » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:41 am

Lindy hang in there!!! Hey that's another thing we've got in common!! Air Shows, When they have them here they always fly above our home, so if I want to see watch the show I could do so from my own backyard. It's always a 3 day affairs, so yeah I feel you on the noise. I'm gonna give Matt a listen again tonight.

LindyG

Post by LindyG » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:57 am

Hi Eman,
Yes, I KNOW you get the same F-something treat threatening your eardrums and your lives every year.
I used to live there, and I predicted that one of those warmakers would hit a few houses in La Jolla or Mira Mesa and sure enough, it happened...last year was it, or the year before?

I will take Rarer Matt in my car tomorrow and escape the hellfire for the day. My best stereo is in my car, anyway.
Eman, I am done listening to music. Nothing can compare to Johnie and and Matt on "No One Will Ever Know".
I have found the Holy Grail of music.

Don Cooper

Post by Don Cooper » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:33 am

LindyG! Just as well you are really Mr.Bean in disguise, because 'saying' "F-something" here in Blighty might be construed a bit 'Apple-Stewed' :shock:
(Ask Lena and Harry 'bout that one) :)

((I know you meant F-*Sweet* 16. I recommend toasting an English Muffin at the Afterburner as it screams overhead...)) 8)

Don
Matt : Smooth, but not Glossy...

Eman

Post by Eman » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:09 pm

Lindy, I do the same thing when I"m in a mood and not in for the Air Show, I just get in my car and drive elsewhere. I take the back roads as the freeways are jammed. Yep you were right it was 2 years ago when a plane crashed into La Jolla from Miramar.

Don, LOL..yep Lindy is Mr. Bean in disguise.

Return to “Matt Uncovered: The Rarer Monro”