Matt Uncovered - The Rarer Monro

Five years in the making it delivers exactly what it says on the cover. Stored in the vaults of EMI and the BBC for more than four decades this sees 50 + wonderful new tracks as well as a smattering of unearthed jingles that Matt recorded for some of the most prestigious products of the day.
ROBERT M.

Re: Matt Uncovered - The Rarer Monro

Post by ROBERT M. » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:25 am

No sign of the CD yet Lindy :roll: ...............and I cannot play any musical instrument at all ................I just have "expert" ears :lol:
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

LindyG

Post by LindyG » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:32 am

Aren't you up awfully late, Robert?
Did you read John's excited review of Disc 2? I found it very helpful during this waiting process. :)
I need to get to slumber land (I'll put on Maria and listen to it now) so I can get up at 3:45 AM.
I hope you receive Rarer soon!

Eman

Post by Eman » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:34 am

I am jazzed!! After being caught in a traffic jam coming home because of our famous CA Brush Fires..I got a call from Graham at Record City and said that the Matt cd's would be in on Saturday!! Hurray!!!!!

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:49 am

Here is Maria on Youtube :) .............for some reason there is an extra minute of nothing at the end :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyo5FpDtyu8

john

Post by john » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:15 am

LindyG wrote:
john wrote:I love "Precious Moments", Lindy, I remember I first heard it it on the film "The Sea Wolves", many years ago, probably when I was in my mid teens, it must have been on the TV, and remember remarking to my Mum about what a nice song it was, and my Mum replied, ah yes, Matt Monro, he was a lovely singer. :D "Memories Of You" is another super one too.
What's this, John? There's another movie I didn't know about in which Matt's singing is featured? Matt's recording is played in "Sea Wolves"?? :o

THANK YOU!
Yes Lindy, Matt sings at the end of the film for the credits, slightly different version to the single. :)

LindyG

Post by LindyG » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:00 pm

Eman wrote:I am jazzed!! After being caught in a traffic jam coming home because of our famous CA Brush Fires..I got a call from Graham at Record City and said that the Matt cd's would be in on Saturday!! Hurray!!!!!
Dear Eman,
I was worried about you there, I wish the best for you and yours and all in CA and I hope it gets better real soon. We just went through it here in CO, real bad for about a month, about 1000 homes incinerated. I grieve for all the wildLIFE. :cry:
I remember some very long ash-filled months in Orange County and San Diego when I lived there as well. Good luck, Eman!

I'm glad you'll have Matt on Saturday! I might be the last, some time next week.

LindyG

Post by LindyG » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:07 pm

ROBERT M. wrote:Here is Maria on Youtube :) .............for some reason there is an extra minute of nothing at the end :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyo5FpDtyu8
:cry: Robert, here's another reason for you to consider yourself fortunate to be in your beautiful country. This video on Youtube, like MANY of Matt's, are blocked for anyone in the U.S. (Land of the Free, you know)
Thanks for the link all the same, I know others will enjoy it (if they're not in "the Land of the Free").

There are too many greed-controlled reasons why Matt is not seen and heard in the U.S.! :x

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:21 pm

Several of my friends in Us can watch clips from "Youtube" [not Matt] so is it just Matt there is a problem with ? Or could it be to do with your browser-have you tried another browser- I have to sometimes, when AOL decides it does not want to do anything !!
Mariana

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:11 am

Lindy, sorry you cannot watch many of Matt's Youtube videos, doesn't seem right does it :( ................did you watch Maria on DVD, and notice the ending ? :)

Eman

Post by Eman » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:25 am

Oh man I can't watch it either ..anyway Lindy am ok here in S.D. it was just a one off fire..not like 2003 (the day I got my gall bladderr surgery) and then 2007 when the fires were going crazy. I can't wait until Saturday to pick up the Matt cd, hopefully no delays, but all looks promising so far!!

LindyG

Post by LindyG » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:01 am

mariana44 wrote:Several of my friends in Us can watch clips from "Youtube" [not Matt] so is it just Matt there is a problem with ? Or could it be to do with your browser-have you tried another browser- I have to sometimes, when AOL decides it does not want to do anything !!
Hi Mariana,
It's not a browser problem. We can access Youtube fine.
The videos that are blocked in the U.S. are blocked from playing on Youtube, with a message that states "EMI has blocked this video from viewing in the viewer's country". This is not a browser problem, it is a "trying to watch Matt Monro while on the Web in the U.S." problem! It makes no logical sense that viewers have that freedom in some/many countries, but not in a few (the U.S. and China, maybe?).
I have only encountered this blocking on Matt Monro videos. None others! Go figure.
That's why Eman is blocked too, from watching the same video. EVERYBODY in the U.S. attempting to watch these EMI-associated videos that play Matt Monro, gets the same message and no video; but anybody in the European Union, apparently, can watch them.

Sucks to be us!
And it seems like the twisted bad luck jinx that Matt experienced more than once with American activities still prevails.
Meanwhile, Steve Lawrence and Sinatra videos play just fine for U.S viewers. :twisted:

LindyG

Post by LindyG » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:14 am

ROBERT M. wrote:Lindy, sorry you cannot watch many of Matt's Youtube videos, doesn't seem right does it :( ................did you watch Maria on DVD, and notice the ending ? :)
Hi Robert,
Yes, I listened to the Maria recording on "Matt at the Movies" and then watched my Matt at the BBC video again.
For me, Robert, the entire live performance is mesmerizing. Matt does that thing -- who was it, George Martin who said it? -- "getting inside a song like nobody else". He doesn't just sing it more beautifully than anyone else, he embodies the lyrics and the meaning. Nobody else puts that much into a song performance, except a great operatic stars, like Pavarotti and von Stade and Te Kanawa and Domingo.

He's so uniquely great at it, in popular music, I don't care if the musicians are with him or not. He's above and beyond them.
They are mere mortals.

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:55 am

Wow--bad luck Lindy , Paul, and Eman & Henry plus all you other fans in US, not being able to see Matt on Youtube--that sounds just crazy that you are blocked from seeing Matt. I have not heard of that happening before.
Mariana

Eman

Post by Eman » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:04 pm

Mariana, it happens with some other singers and bands also!!!

LindyG

Post by LindyG » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:47 pm

Eman wrote:Mariana, it happens with some other singers and bands also!!!
HI Eman,
Sorry you experience this with others. Are they all Euros? Are they all EMI materials?

Mariana,
We do get to see and hear non-EMI material on Matt :D (which the corporations should want us to, because it leads to sales when it's possible to buy them). Here's one that I fervently wish Richard and team could get restored.....Matt singing "I Have Dreamed" , at the end of this trifecta, is another one of those best examples of him getting into a song like no other can:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8jC-hu2l5k

I also like how in "Rain Sometimes", Matt' keeps powering/finessing on after the music. Love it! :)
Richard and Michele, is there any chance of this treasure being restored for us to BUY at some point? Really tragic, if not, that this video is lost to posterity. Thanks

Return to “Matt Uncovered: The Rarer Monro”