Lights of the Caribbean: A Portfolio

A year in the making, be the first to have your say on Michele's brand new project.

Your cup of tea?

Yes
67%
No
33%
Not Sure
No votes

Total votes: 3

Administrator
Site Admin

Lights of the Caribbean: A Portfolio

Post by Administrator » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:39 am

As you know I spent a lot of last year traveling and working the cruise ships and I am hoping to continue on this vein for another two years. My main passions are photography and travel and I decided to combine the two for a new project that I am bringing to the table. A year in the making ‘Lights of the Caribbean: A Portfolio’, is a selection of my best work from that period. There is nothing more breathtaking then a sunrise or sunset, even more so in tropical waters and I hope I have in some small way encapsulated the essence of what I witnessed. No two dawns are the same, each colour a different hue depending on the time of the day, sunsets that alter with the weather or the tropical winds that dance over the water adding even more mystery to its hidden beauty.

There is an almost indefinable characteristic that makes the islands magical. I love the early morning dawn when the sun rises from the earth and the heady scent of sugar cane blows on the warm breeze and invades my senses. But then the other end of the day is also quite beautiful when I watch the crimson sun bleed into the ocean mist to lay its head down for the night. The entire landscape takes on a surreal saffron hue as the clouds reflect the fading sun’s red and orange glow and the disappearing light dances on the horizon. My vantage point from a cruise ship really grants me the best seat in the house and it allowed me to witness the most incredible vistas as the island’s lights and colours came to life and I was desperate to try and capture the memory”.

Visit the new area and let me know your thoughts on the collection although there are a couple below for you to get a taste. Whilst I appreciate my photography won't suit every palette I would still like to know what you think. Would you be interested in attending the showing later in the year and if so why?

Visit page now:
http://www.mattmonro.com/photography.html
Attachments
DSCF1465.jpg
DSCF1465.jpg (30.58 KiB) Viewed 3876 times
IMG_2455.jpg
IMG_2455.jpg (22.42 KiB) Viewed 3876 times
DSCF1462.jpg
DSCF1462.jpg (36.09 KiB) Viewed 3876 times

Return to “Lights of the Caribbean: A Portfolio”