My Love and Devotion

A collection of previously unheard alternate versions of many of Matt's biggest hits, album tracks and rarities along with the some of the rare 'Airmen of Note' recordings,
paul jh

My Love and Devotion

Post by paul jh » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:09 pm

I've had to file my Alternate Monro away for awhile. I was becoming too familiar with the alternate versions! Especially My Love and Devotion. The notes he sings on the word "are" in "are yours til I die" (final phrase of song) is definitely different than the single release version. I would like to know which is right according to the sheet music or other recordings. I think Doris Day has recorded the song, but I can't find it. I'm sure Robert will send a youtube link.

I love both versions of My Love and Devotion. It just took me awhile to get used to hearing that different note the end.

karl

Re: My Love and Devotion

Post by karl » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:39 pm

If you checkout CDUniverse you will see who has recorded the song, apart from Doris Day - Perry Como also recorded the song.

It is on several cd's of Doris including 100 Hits & Sentimental Journey.

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:59 pm

Love this song---Perry Como also recorded it, and I think I may have it by someone else, I will check my itunes.
Mariana

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:24 pm

"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:26 pm

I love Doris Day as a singer :) but her ballads are sometimes extremely slooooow :wink: .....................good to see you on here again Paul :D
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

Return to “Alternate Monro”