Richard's website.

A collection of previously unheard alternate versions of many of Matt's biggest hits, album tracks and rarities along with the some of the rare 'Airmen of Note' recordings,
Rmoore

Richard's website.

Post by Rmoore » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:34 pm

For those interested in technical details (or just wanting to hears some clips from the new album) visit here:-

http://www.mint-audio-restoration.co.uk ... rnate.html

Richard

maureen & harry

Re: Richard's website.

Post by maureen & harry » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:48 pm

We have just finished reading the article on your website Richard and found it so interesting.

It was really good to be able to play the before and after restoration clips. It is amazing how you have been able to improve the quality of the recordings. This morning we were playing our CD of the USAF show and agree with your comments regarding the 5th song Alfie. It was a nice arrangement but different and unfortunately as you say the quality was not good enough for release.

We are really looking forward to the new release in September. :D

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:04 am

Thanks for the information and the clips Richard :)
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

Marian

Post by Marian » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:08 pm

Received this news from Amazon a few days ago...
Monro, Matt "Alternate Monro"
Previous estimated arrival date: September 26 2013 - September 28 2013
New estimated arrival date: September 19 2013 - September 21 2013
:D :D

karl

Post by karl » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:32 pm

You're privileged Marian they haven't emailed me! :roll:

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:47 am

We will need more time to listen again but first and foremost the detail on the accompanying booklet is phenomenal :D

We have tried to read the info about each track before listening.

Our favourites have always been the jazz feel of 'Love Walked In' and the tracks with the U.S. Airmen Of Note touring band.Two of which were arranged by Billy May.

So many 'takes' to 'get your head round' Fools Rush In,My Love And Devotion,One Day etc.

We haven't spotted the tambourine player missing a beat yet on 'Russia'!

We know that some of you out there will give a more technical review than we are able to.!

After a first listen Michele and Richard we just wanted to say a million thanks.This CD is 'something else'

Sandra and John

john

Post by john » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:12 am

Like Sandra I want to listen again before I give a proper review, but I listened last night and the cd is excellent. You can tell where the differences are in the songs, and in fact I think some of them are every bit as good as the originals. I think my favourite though so far is "Did It Happen", I have always loved this song but this version is totally different, a little slower. I listened to this one twice last night. :) I also really like the early versions of "What A Wonderful World" and "Let There Be Love", "Let Me Sing A Happy Song" and "I'm Glad I'm Not Young Anymore", I think these are better than the versions on "The Other Side Of The Stars" album.

Don Cooper

Post by Don Cooper » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:38 pm

Arise,Sir Richard of mint-audio-restoration.

You've done it again!

Whenever I see the word master in the context of your work, I can no longer differentiate between the technical term and your abilities.

Take a bow,Mr Moore.
Matt : Smooth, but not Glossy...

maureen & harry

Post by maureen & harry » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:29 am

All good things come to those who wait and this CD was definitely well worth waiting for.

We can't thank Michele and Richard enough for bringing this CD out. It is an amazing achievement to be able to produce such high quality from the original takes.

This CD will not only appeal to all dedicated Matt fans but to anyone who appreciates easy listening music. We feel sure it will not fail to give enormous pleasure to anyone who plays this superb CD.

We hope it finds its way into the HMV stores.

:) :)

Christine Hampshire

Post by Christine Hampshire » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:00 pm

Yes it is a wonderful cd but I like Sandra and John and also John, I need to listen again

before giving a proper review but I loved it a big thankyou to Michele and Richard your

just WONDERFUL xx

Christine

Josh

Post by Josh » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:18 am

Really need to get around to posting my review at some point, needless to say I'm thoroughly enjoying the new album!

paul jh

Post by paul jh » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:41 am

This album is superb. I've been waiting for this for years. I'm thrilled to have these alternate versions. A third version of When Love Comes Along; who can ask for anything more! I'm only through #19 and have some questions. But I want to re-read the liner notes first before asking questions.

This is a fantastic release. Thank you.

Rmoore

Post by Rmoore » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:50 am

Feel free to ask as much as you want!

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:26 am

Yes,please ask away Paul.Would love a Q and A between a musician and a re-mastering supremo :)

Wahzy

Post by Wahzy » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:01 pm

Thanks for adding me to the forum Richard.

I'm new here but have been scaling the forums for a few years now. I'm 27 and from Egham, Surrey. I've always been a fan of Matt Monro and have quite a few CDs now. Looking forward to getting to know everyone here and sharing thoughts and feelings about the late great Matt Monro.

Alternate Monro is another great addition :D

Alex.

Return to “Alternate Monro”