The Definitive

All new Hits compilation - The first from the Warner Music Group.
Rmoore

The Definitive

Post by Rmoore » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:16 am

The new CD compilation from Warner Music Group is the most comprehensive 'Hits' single CD collection to be compiled to date. It contains all of Matt's Hits and most famous recordings plus a few rarer tracks that are hard to find on CD

It includes the oft requested 'How Soon', the full length 'Two People' from Satan's Harvest (Previously only issued on the long deleted Don Black songbook) and the stunning 'When I Look In Your Eyes' only issued on the now deleted 'Matt at the Movies'

1. Gonna Build A Mountain
2. Portrait Of My Love
3. My Kind Of Girl
4. Softly As I Leave You
5. Why Not Now
6. When Love Comes Along
7. My Love and Devotion
8. Walk Away
9. How Soon
10. For Mama
11. Somewhere
12. From Russia With Love
13. Without You
14. Yesterday
15. Born Free
16. Wednesday’s Child
17. This Is The Life
18. When I Look In Your Eyes
19. Impossible Dream
20. Maria
21. On Days Like These
22. We’re Gonna Change The World
23. Two People
24. Speak Softly Love
25. And You Smiled
26. If I Never Sing Another Song

karl

Re: The Definitive

Post by karl » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:03 am

Has a release date been set Richard?

Rmoore

Post by Rmoore » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:59 am

No, we're still waiting to find that out.

Everything is ready to go - they have the artwork, notes & master so it's just a matter of setting the date and pressing the discs.

Richard

maureen & harry

Post by maureen & harry » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:57 pm

That's great news Richard. A really good selection and we are looking forward to this release. :D

maxine

Post by maxine » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:37 pm

wow ...did i just say wow! 8) it looks amazing Richard thank you for the info... :D
Softly, I will leave you softly
For my heart would break if you should wake and see me go.....

karl

Post by karl » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:22 pm

Don't get me wrong it's always good to have new releases by our favourites but I am wondering what the need is for yet another Matt hits cd when there are at least three still available, there are a few Matt compilations I didn't buy as I already had the tracks.

It's the same with Dusty, there are so many hit and best of compilations, one budget release has been available for 14 years and it's never been deleted and yet there have been many more released since then, obvioulsy there is a market and that's a good thing.

However I didi buy another Best of Matt cd on my last trip to Australia as the sleeve was different.

Rmoore

Post by Rmoore » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:35 pm

Actually Karl this will now be the ONLY single disc hits set available.

Ultimate was deleted in around 2010, Greatest in early 2013 (forcibly deleted due to the universal sale) and the Very Best of (first issued in 1974!) has also now been retired at our request - the CD version issued in 1990 contains far too much mono material and even the odd disc dub! Any copies still on sale are old stock. This means that there are currently NO single disc hits collections still in print.

This (when it finally gets released) will then be the only single disc set AND the most comprehensive ever in terms of Matt's most famous songs, Also every track is remastered (of the other two ONLY the Greatest had decent mastering) this includes some tracks from better tapes than ever before.

The other sets all had gaps, for instance Greatest missed out 'On Days Like These'

This will be THE Definitive hits collection and hopefully can be on catalogue for another 40 years!

karl

Post by karl » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:47 pm

Richard I am glad the others are being deleted to make way for this new release and also with the remastering it does sound very tempting. Thank you for the explanation.

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:03 am

REALLY GREAT NEWS ON THE DEFINITIVE COLLECTION RICHARD.ONE OF MY VERY FAVOURITES IS 'TWO PEOPLE',AND ONE OF THE FEW SINGLES I HAVE MISSED OUT ON.
I WAS HELPED ALONG WITH SOME OTHER MISSING SINGLES BY OUR GOOD FORUM FRIENDS MAUREEN AND HARRY :D :D

karl

Post by karl » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:27 am

Sandra why are you SHOUTING? :lol:

Rmoore

Post by Rmoore » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:17 pm

Hi Sandra,

I would be amazed if you ever managed to find Two People on a single. I think it was planned but I don't believe it was actually ever issued or it would have been on the Singles Collection. As far as i've been able to work out It was only ever on the Don Black set - Certainly the archive only have two tapes, the original and the Don Black master.

Richard

karl

Post by karl » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:34 pm

Richard with you mentioning the Don Black cd I checked what I have and I do have it in my collection without the front sleeve. It was like that when I bought it someone must have stolen it from the record shop.

I never realised I have so many Matt Monro cd's!!!

maureen & harry

Post by maureen & harry » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:48 pm

Yes Richard we agree Two People was not released as a single which was unusual as it was the theme song that Matt sang in his film Satan's Harvest.

We're not sure if the film was on general release and perhaps this is why we can't find this song on Matt at the Movies. Fortunately, however, we do have it on the Don Black CD

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:52 am

karl wrote:Sandra why are you SHOUTING? :lol:

Ha Karl-my computer suddenly had a mind of it's own :roll:

Richard and Maureen and Harry-thankyou.No wonder I can't find it :roll:

I do have it on the Don Black CD though :D :D

Just found my list and I have it down as TWO PEOPLE/HOW COULD I EVER LEAVE YOU on EMI 2816

karl

Post by karl » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:45 am

Sandra it's good to know that you're computer also has a mind of it's own.

I can be in the middle of an email and the print suddenly changes to caligraphy mode - why? I didn't do anything!!!!

Return to “The Definitive”