THE GEORGE MARTIN YEARS

Following the loss of Sir George earlier this year this compilation seeks to show exactly what made Matt & George such a great team.
This release features not only George's great productions but all of the songs he composed for Matt and many of his arrangements too!
Sandra

Re: THE GEORGE MARTIN YEARS

Post by Sandra » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:08 am

karl wrote:So underwhelmed with HMV they had one copy . I like to think they'd already sold the rest!!!!
In our HMV yesterday Matt was buried behind Nana Mouskouri.We soon made sure MONRO was in it's proper place at the front and the new one was in prominent eye catching sight :D

Rmoore

Post by Rmoore » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:54 am

Spotted for sale in Asda too!

karl

Post by karl » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:39 pm

I bought mine today, it's playing now.,It's LOUD isn't it? I've turned it down twice.

Favourites are Love Walked In, Gonna Build A Mountain (Always liked Matt singing that) & Sarah's Coming Home but it's still playing so that may change .

Rmoore

Post by Rmoore » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:36 pm

Actually Karl it's going to be a lot softer than other discs. I have NOT compressed it to make it loud, the songs all (apart from those from Hoagy) have the same amount of dynamic range they always had and the disc doesn't reach 0db (The highest level on a digital audio scale, everything below it being minus) so i don't know why you perceive it as loud, it's no louder than any of my other Matt CD's

The Hoagy tracks (as issued on Words and Music) come from a LESS compressed tape and have more dynamic range than ever issued before 2011.

karl

Post by karl » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:33 pm

As a pro Richard you will know some cd's are louder than others so perhaps the disc I played earlier needed to be turned up then when I put Matt on it was too loud.

By the way just drove to Asda no sign of Matt's cd there so you were lucky to see it in yours !

maureen & harry

Post by maureen & harry » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:19 pm

]ust got back from holiday so have now played the new CD. We have to echo what the other members have said and have enjoyed listening to every track especially as there are some of our favourites there e.g. As Long As I'm Singing, Sarah's Coming Home, I Close My Eyes... and it was good to hear a couple that we have not played for a while. A huge thank you to Michele & Richard for their unstinting hard work to bring this great CD to us.
We bought it from our local HMV shop for £5.99 which we try to support as they always have a very good stock of Matt CDs.

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:09 am

maureen & harry wrote:]ust got back from holiday so have now played the new CD. We have to echo what the other members have said and have enjoyed listening to every track especially as there are some of our favourites there e.g. As Long As I'm Singing, Sarah's Coming Home, I Close My Eyes... and it was good to hear a couple that we have not played for a while. A huge thank you to Michele & Richard for their unstinting hard work to bring this great CD to us.
We bought it from our local HMV shop for £5.99 which we try to support as they always have a very good stock of Matt CDs.
Hello you two nice to see your review. Yes,we went in to our HMV shop the other day and they had 6 different Matt titles :D
No sign of reviews from Lena and Harry or Marian and Peter.Hope they are all well.

Return to “The George Martin Years”