MATT'S NEW CD

The Lost New York sessions finally sees release in March 2020
karl

MATT'S NEW CD

Post by karl » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:26 pm

Matt's forthcoming cd is now showing on Amazon, nice sleeve and 47 tracks all for £9.99 - second cd is mainly his hits and
best known songs,

ROBERT M.

Re: MATT'S NEW CD

Post by ROBERT M. » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:25 am

Looks good, especially the exciting Disc 1 :) :)
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

john

Post by john » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:26 am

Nice cover. Very reasonable priced.

maureen & harry

Post by maureen & harry » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:39 pm

We agree it is a very nice cover and we too are looking forward to the release on the 1st November. ☺

Rmoore

Post by Rmoore » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:35 pm

Having a second hits CD has worked well with other artists - particularly those not around to promote their own material - It does have some remixes, first time stereo and the odd rarer track (eg Full length "Two People" only previously available on the now very rare and pricey "Sings Don Black" CD) so there are things that should interest mega fans too!

We've been trying to get this CD off the ground since I found the tapes in 2010 and are very grateful to Capitol UK - Who didn't even know that they owned any Matt Monro recordings until i finally managed to get hold of the right person there last year - they thought they had been passed to Warner in the EMI sale (Which is what should have happened apparently, but somebody messed up!).

karl

Post by karl » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:10 pm

Rmoore wrote:Having a second hits CD has worked well with other artists - particularly those not around to promote their own material - It does have some remixes, first time stereo and the odd rarer track (eg Full length "Two People" only previously available on the now very rare and pricey "Sings Don Black" CD) so there are things that should interest mega fans too!

We've been trying to get this CD off the ground since I found the tapes in 2010 and are very grateful to Capitol UK - Who didn't even know that they owned any Matt Monro recordings until i finally managed to get hold of the right person there last year - they thought they had been passed to Warner in the EMI sale (Which is what should have happened apparently, but somebody messed up!).
Richard somebody always seems to mess up when record companies are taken over, at least we still have the release to look forward to, by the way did you read my post about my QM2 crossing to New York? I attended all musical lectures (mainly about songwriters) but there was also one on Frank Sinatra, a picture and sound clip of Matt was briefly shown but it was good he was mentioned. Michelle would have been thrilled.

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:19 pm

Amazon have just apologised for the delay on Matt's new release. The estimated date they are now giving is March 13th 2020 :(

karl

Post by karl » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:22 pm

Sandra wrote:Amazon have just apologised for the delay on Matt's new release. The estimated date they are now giving is March 13th 2020 :(
Sandra they must have just changed it recently as the original date was still showing this morning.

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:32 am

karl wrote:
Sandra wrote:Amazon have just apologised for the delay on Matt's new release. The estimated date they are now giving is March 13th 2020 :(
Sandra they must have just changed it recently as the original date was still showing this morning.

My Amazon order letter certainly quotes March 13th ?

Rmoore

Post by Rmoore » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:49 am

The date changed before even Michele and I knew what the new one was going to be!
13th March appears to be correct.

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:50 am

So it doesn't coincide with Matts passing then Richard, which would have worked better for advertising purposes :)
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

Rmoore

Post by Rmoore » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:31 am

We never saw this as an anniversary release so didn't want this to co-inside. We want the music to speak for it's self. We certainly don't want to commemorate Matt's passing with this release, we want to celebrate his life, not his untimely passing. The plan is to relaunch Matt if you like - It was 2016 that the last CD was released, with no advertising, 2011 the last time with any sort of advertising, so it's a toe in the water for Capitol. We will try to twist arms for something next December but there are no guarantees. Sales will probably determine that.

This should have been released last March (I actually sold the idea to Capitol in July 2018!) so it's not been exactly fast.

Maybe an anniversary release won't happen now, who knows. All we know is we don't want to delay this any longer! If some of our other (non CD) plans come off (and we are waiting on a green light something at the moment), that might give either Warner or Universal (or both!) a reason to do something. We'll see. It's all in the hands of others. We can ask for things, but there is no guarantee that we'll get them!

karl

Post by karl » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:39 am

That's exactly right, it's a celebration of his life and work!

maureen & harry

Post by maureen & harry » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:45 pm

All this has happened while we were away so now we will look forward with you all to the 13th March. ☺

karl

Post by karl » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:51 pm

Just bought the new cd in Sainsbury's for £5 - what a bargain!

Return to “Stranger In Paradise”