The Talk Of The Town 1972

Have you ever seen Matt Monro in concert? Tell us your favourite stories.
Mark Fox

The Talk Of The Town 1972

Post by Mark Fox » Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:21 pm

I watched the taping at London's(now defunct)Talk Of The Town of an ITV Special starring Tony Bennett with guests including Matt in 1972. Featuring the music of Robert Farnon.

Matt sang:-
The Second Time around &
Time After Time

mmonro

Talk of the Town

Post by mmonro » Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:49 pm

Hi Mark, I thought the shows with Bennett were fantastic. It is interesting that dad and Tony were the only two performers to work the Talk of the Town a record breaking number of times. Unfortunately it was a draw as the venue was closed.
There were three Bennett shows taped for Thames with dad performing as special guest a whopping three times. The first show dad performed Second Time Around & Time After Time and a duet of both of them singing I Want To Be Happy. The second show dad sang It Was A Very Good Year/This Is All I Ask and the duet was Lullaby of Broadway and finally dad sang Georgia On My Mind & Singin' In The Rain and the duet was Chicago. Colin Keyes performed at all three shows.

It is one of my fondest memories.

Mark Fox

Post by Mark Fox » Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:07 pm

I've posted the site details on Tony's Sony site & I am constructing a website at:-
www.tonybennettappreciationsociety.com and will put a link to here.
Regards.

bernardj

dvd

Post by bernardj » Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:17 pm

Watched the DVD 5 times in very short space of time. What a magical singer and performer. Is there anywhere I can get hold of the sheet music for Matt's repertoire?

garyperrin67

to see matt live

Post by garyperrin67 » Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:04 pm

What I would have given to hear Matts voice live ..pure heaven :

Mark Fox

Post by Mark Fox » Sat May 06, 2006 4:57 pm

:D Robert-I knew I'd mentioned ITBAS connexion PLUS The Talk Of The Town previously-here it is.
Regards,
Mark

Return to “Matt Monro Live”