Matt's Declining Health

Have you ever seen Matt Monro in concert? Tell us your favourite stories.
Gray

Post by Gray » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:17 am

Thanks very much for this post, Mark.

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:06 pm

A lovely memory of Matt to treasure Mark. :lol:

Marian

Post by Marian » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:29 pm

Yes, a wonderful memory Mark. :D
Marian.

testarossaguy

Re: Matt's Declining Health

Post by testarossaguy » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:28 pm

Yes...I too have seen "an evening with Matt Monro"...he does have that something! He just makes you want to hang out with him all night long! It's really astonishing to me that he was nervous or had and doubts about himself...because he is so natural and warm, and just owns the room! I hope that somehow Matt knows that we treasures what he left us...and how we all feel about him.

In a short while I'm going out into my little shop and tinker on my Italian sportscar....and of course I'm going to have 5 of Matt's cds in the changer. Nothing like working on an Italian car and hearing Matt sing...."On Days Like These"! Makes for a very cool ambience to say the least. :D

karl

Post by karl » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:01 pm

I have just read this thread for the first time and enjoyed reading everyone's posts from Michele to Mark - it must have been wonderful to see Matt onstage, I wish I had!

Michele there are always malicious and cruel people who talk through their a**e for want of a better word. One only has to read the daily news items online where daily incidents occur (tragedies and such) to see how sick some people are.

I was amazed that Matt was nervous as he did come across as so self assured but never cocky, I know from my interest in music that Dusty and Petula were very nervous before shows and I read years ago that Engelberts hands used
to go cold and that Cliff Richard coughed nervously before a show.

Nobody can deny Matt's talent, I am just grateful the concerts were found and released on dvd, at least those of us who never saw him now realise what he was capable of onstage and we can watch him anytime.

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:59 am

testarossaguy wrote:
In a short while I'm going out into my little shop and tinker on my Italian sportscar....and of course I'm going to have 5 of Matt's cds in the changer. Nothing like working on an Italian car and hearing Matt sing...."On Days Like These"! Makes for a very cool ambience to say the least. :D

"La La La La La La La La La La La La" ..........................."maybe today your singing songs with someone new" .......................... :D
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:57 am

I see our friend and big Matt fan Lori has not visited the MM forum since December 13th last year :( ...............are you OK Lori, we miss you.

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:51 am

THIS IS THE LIFE, that's where the living is. :) just heard this played in the background while watching Homes Under The Hammer :)

Angela51

Post by Angela51 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:35 pm

When I last saw Matt at one of his shows, he did recognise me (true Fan), he came to me, and asked what would you like me to sing for you ? YESTERDAY, was my choice.
My neighbour, who came with me was "gob-smacked" :D
During the interval, that is when Matt gave me his Autograph, which I still treasure.
At the last Re-Union, which I was able to attend, Mickie confirmed - YES - that is my husband's Autograph.

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:55 pm

Lori has been having problems with her computer etc and logging in--but she is fine.
Mariana

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:56 am

Angela51 wrote:When I last saw Matt at one of his shows, he did recognise me (true Fan), he came to me, and asked what would you like me to sing for you ? YESTERDAY, was my choice.
My neighbour, who came with me was "gob-smacked" :D
That is a great story Angela :)

Return to “Matt Monro Live”