Matt Monro Live

Have you ever seen Matt Monro in concert? Tell us your favourite stories.
Sue Parker

Matt Monro Live

Post by Sue Parker » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:11 am

YES I saw Matt live...I couldn't begin to count how many times..it would take me hours to write every place down.
However, the first time I saw him was at the ATV Television studios in Aston Birmingham, he was on a lunch time show called Lunch Box.
Sadly the last time I saw him was at the Grand Theatre in Wolverhampton in the December before he died.....he was feeling poorly at this time.
The first time I met him I was so nervous I couldn't speak only just managed to ask him for his autograph...the same thing happened the next time and the the time after that...I was only in my early teens.
I did overcome my nerves and got to know Matt (and his family) he was such a lovely man and always found time to see me after a show. When he was in cabaret in Birmingham(my home town) for a week I would be there every night, 99% of the time on the front row...goodness only knows what he must have thought of me but he ALWAYS made me feel welcome and very special .
I've travelled all over the UK to see Matt and if I could would have would have travelled abroad.
Twenty years may have passed but even now I still get upset when I hear him sing certain songs that bring back special memories.
I miss him so very much but I am lucky enough to keep in touch with Mickie and Michele and hope to see Matt Jnr on his tribute tour.

Sue Parker

Return to “Matt Monro Live”