matt in wales ??????

Have you ever seen Matt Monro in concert? Tell us your favourite stories.
garyperrin67

matt in wales ??????

Post by garyperrin67 » Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:34 am

can any one shed light on any visited venues in his career......in the valleys, cardiff, swansea, etc .......id love to know :?:

Billmiler

Matt in Wales

Post by Billmiler » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:36 pm

Hi,
I am new to the pages! I work part-time in ASDA Swansea and only yesterday a couple mentioned that they'd seen Matt years ago in a town called Gorseinon - near Swansea!

Edgar

Matt in Wales

Post by Edgar » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:16 pm

I saw Matt in the very early days at Sophia Gardens Pavilion in Cardiff (that is dating me) and again st St Davids Hall in Cardiff on 2nd November 1984. I remember that date very clearly as it was my 41st birthday and I had front row seats. He was magnificent as ever!

Billmiler

Matt in Wales!

Post by Billmiler » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:52 pm

Hi Edgar,
I've just switched on after watching my beloved Liverpool beat AC Milan! Yes where-ever we are Matt is much in our thoughts! I sing a few of his songs in my Dean Martin & Friends Act. Catch me on my new pages at www.myspace.com/billbennettsingsdeanmartin

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:55 am

We watched the match Bill. Took them a long time to score but glad they did.
Lovely Birthday memory for you Edgar, seeing Matt perform. :lol:

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:22 am

Liverpool actually played Inter Milan Bill :wink: :wink:
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

Edgar

Post by Edgar » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:38 am

And here's looking forward to my beloved Bluebirds to make the FA Cup semi-finals!!!. it's afunny old game as they say! :D

Marian

Post by Marian » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:27 am

We watched the match too last night. :D :D
Good to see you back Edgar. Hope you have resolved your computer/website problems by now.
Marian :wink:

Edgar

Post by Edgar » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:30 am

Hi Marian, still using my laptop, but I'm having a new desktop computer built as I've been having major problems accessing the Internet and getting all sorts of error messages, so should be up and running again soon. :) :)

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:28 pm

Nice to see you posting again Edgar. We all know the frustration with our PCs.
We have had problems the past couple of days with AOL and Broadband.
No explanation of course until you finally ring up.... after you've almost taken the computer apart trying to resolve the problem and they tell you that they are having cionnection problems in certain areas and ours was one of them. :roll: Oh... no apologies either :lol:

Edgar

Post by Edgar » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:38 pm

Hi Lena and Harry.It was most strange with my computer. After we came back from holiday, I booted up and coudn't access the Internet. I tried everything, apart from ringing the helpline at 25p per minute as I knew I would be told to do everything I had already done!!!. It was strange because I had no problem with the laptop, and my techie friend tried everything and then put it down to a problem within Windows. The fact that I couldn't access this site was also weird. The unit was getting past it's sell by date so he's building me a new faster unit with XP (I do not want Vista!!) and should be up and running next week. Don't forget to watch my team beat Middlesbrough or Sheff Utd next month on BBC1 (Sunday 9th March 1:10pm) After all, it is 81 years since we won the Cup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P

Billmiler

PC's!

Post by Billmiler » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:53 pm

Hey,
You lot are getting too complicated for me - I'm only a Crooning Jogger who was so excited I couldn't even remember which Italian side Liverpool was playing! It's the Jack Daniells you know!! Glad all well out there in Monroland - fancy coming to Las Vegas with me - oh sorry, only rehearsing my Dean and Frank songs in Neath this morning!!!

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:59 pm

Harry and Lena--I think everyone is having problems connecting with AOL at the moment--My sister could not get connected at all on Sunday---they have downloaded another file, and this is causing the problem---I do not know if you have spotted at the bottom of your screen BB when you are connecting-plus it is not going through as Broadband now, but as AOL---don't ask me why they keep doing all this---but I know it is very annoying at the moment !

I think you are wise Edgar to stick with XP---the reports I have of Vista are not good !!
Mariana

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:18 pm

We'll check that out Marian. It was primarily Sunday when we couldn't get a connection to the internet, and a notice appeared to try through internet explorer.
It didn't help of course.
Anyway Edgar we will be watching your beloved team, and even though they are up against Harry's birth hometown team Middlesrough, after patiently waiting for 81 years for a miracle we won't mind at all :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Matt Monro Live”