Matt at the Movies arrived this morning!!!!

A stunning triple disc set showcasing 74 tracks form the world of movies. As well as Born Free, Walk Away and From Russia with Love it features, for the very first time, Jean, Love Story and When I Look into Your Eyes
Whitehorse

Matt at the Movies arrived this morning!!!!

Post by Whitehorse » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:08 pm

Greetings

Just joined the Forum so please excuse if this is the wrong location......

Just playing my way through the 3 discs.....sounds great!!

Quick question( as there are no credits on the CD package :(

Who's the lady with Matt on the Land Rover TAL 3345 - inside cover of the CD box and page five of the booklet ?

regards

Ray

Marian

Post by Marian » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:00 pm

Hi Ray, and welcome to the forum.
The lady is film actress Tippi Hedren, and the photo is from the film Matt was in with her, "Satan's Harvest".
Available on the DVD 'Matt at the Movies' along with 'Go Go with Matt Monro' a wonderful half hour music show in which Matt appears with Roy Castle and Marian Montgomery.
Marian :D

john

Post by john » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:40 pm

Welcome to the forum Ray. :)

GregT

Re: Matt at the Movies arrived this morning!!!!

Post by GregT » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:12 am

Hi Monrovians..!!
Like Whitehorse, I saw "Matt at the Movies" only this morning for the first time. What an interesting movie.!
I think I would have shot Mr Montgomery given the chance...my oh my...those 'sunnies'
I have to agree with Marty's earlier sentiments somewhat, this seems like a fairly low budget epic.
(I suspect the continuity man may have been on the leapy weed during the shoot), but what a buzz to see Matt ..
I think he single handedly saved the show..pity he wasn't in more scenes.
As a bit of an aviation buff the sixties vintage flying machines were fascinating. Loved Matt 'flying' his little Piper Tri-Pacer.
Ditto with 'Go Go with Matt Monro'...here was a film with some serious production values. (and MORE British flying machines from the '60's.)
What a showcase this could have been for Matt's wonderful voice. Shame it was all post/production/lip-synched.
Greg
"We should have met, Some years ago"

Marian

Post by Marian » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:50 am

Another set to look out for Greg if you don't have already it, is the three CD set, also entitled "Matt At The Movies" that includes all the songs Matt recorded from, guess what? :D The Movies! :D
It includes some previously unreleased tracks.

GregT

Post by GregT » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:40 am

Thanks Marian, will do. (I THOUGHT there were two "Matt at the Movies"...)
I now see.. I'm in the wrong spot..!!
Should be doing the DVD review....wot a duffer..
Greg

Marian

Post by Marian » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:36 am

Not to worry Greg, it can take some time to find your way around, and the two titles are confusing :? :?
When you've listened to the CDs you now know where to write your review!! :lol: :lol:

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:05 am

They even lengthened Matts appearance in Satans Harvest, Greg :) .......good job, or Matt would have only appeared in one or two scenes.
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

GregT

Post by GregT » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:02 am

Robert,
I think Matt's appearance ,as brief as it was, was the films only saving grace...
The world's an emptier place without him.

Greg

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:08 am

Yes Greg.........I did say previously that the ONLY good thing about the film was Matt :)

LindyG

Post by LindyG » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:01 pm

ROBERT M. wrote:Yes Greg.........I did say previously that the ONLY good thing about the film was Matt :)
Yes, yes, I'm rahthah late to this topic. Robert and all, when I saw Satan's Harvest (and thought Matt was of course the only good actor in the movie, adored him with the monkeys....Montgomery was indescribable, indeed), I saw it in a Montgomery set of 4 movies, each as bad as the other, but one really had me LAUGHING pretty hard at its BIZARRENESS!

Did anyone else see this masterpiece:

"Guerillas in Pink Lace (1964): As the Japanese advance on Manila early in WWII, Brass Murphy, trying to escape, is given a military pass by a kindly priest. In cleric's disguise [featuring more sunglasses, of course], Murphy finds himself the "chaperone" of a group of five showgirls. The plane in which they escape is shot down, and they find themselves on an enemy-held, small island. From that point on, their adventure becomes both harrowing and hilarious." [Note: the term "Japanese" is used very loosely in this description. Vinnie from Brooklyn, is more like it!] :lol: :lol: :lol:

I honestly couldn't tell if Montgomery meant this to be a gripping action drama or a comedy or a romance, it was like he threw everything into it that he could to see what he could do best. A film-making theory class would have a field day with this one.

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:34 am

He maybe wanted to be Oscar nominated in "every" category to cover all bets :lol:

Return to “Matt at the Movies”