Matt at The Movies

A stunning triple disc set showcasing 74 tracks form the world of movies. As well as Born Free, Walk Away and From Russia with Love it features, for the very first time, Jean, Love Story and When I Look into Your Eyes
Administrator
Site Admin

Matt at The Movies

Post by Administrator » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:59 pm

Due for release on 15th October, this is a 3 CD set featuring over 70 tracks from the silver screen.

Did you add this to your collection and why? What do you think of the choice of tracks, the artwork, the notes and pictures included? What are your favourites? Let us know what you think?

john

Post by john » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:45 pm

Really looking forward to the release of this one, especially with the inclusion of the part english/part spanish version of LOVE STORY and english version of WHEN I LOOK INTO YOUR EYES.

Marian

Post by Marian » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:23 am

I see the release date is now given, at Play.com anyway, as 22/10/07, so it looks like there may be some further delay, and we will have to be patient a while longer. :wink:
Marian.

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:55 pm

Matt At The Movies... This is a great addition to our collection of Matt's music.
The liner notes giving information of how technology made it possible to make the very first movie with background music and sound effects.
There are short extracts of information of the music involved in some of the best musicals ever made, including dates etc.
Nice to read Micheles paragraph describing what music means to us and what a contribution Matt Monro made to the music industry.
These 3 disks made up of songs and music that come from some of the most memorable motion pictures of our time tell us exactly that.
They stir our emotions and relive our memories and who does this better than Matt.
The first disk is so special because of the Two songs that John mentioned
The English version of "When I Look Into You Eyes." is simply gorgeous and " Love Story " is without doubt the best we've ever heard. We have already played it over and over again. :roll: :roll: The orchestration is superb. :lol:
This is now among out top favourite CDs that we have of Matt's and fantastic value. :lol: :lol: :lol:
All three disks with those memorable songs are brilliant :lol: :lol:

john

Post by john » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:08 pm

So far I have played disc one and part of disc 2. I agree, Lena and Harry, Matt's version of "Love Story" is just superb! I love the english version of "When I Look In Your Eyes" too. It is great to see a few rare tracks on cd as well, including the lovely "Jean" and one of my favourites "Precious Moments". I have always loved Matt's versions of "When You Wish Upon A Star" and "Over The Rainbow". This is such a wonderful collection of songs, plus I enjoyed reading the sleeve notes by Michele. 8) :D

john

Post by john » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:58 pm

Just realised I hadn't mentioned listening to disc 3 of the set yet, this is just as good as the first two. My favourite on this one is The Southern Star", this is just a lovely song, plus "A Time For Love" and "And We Were Lovers" are beautiful too. Nice to hear "Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head", one of the rarer tracks by Matt. "I Have Dreamed" is up there at the top, as well. :D

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:21 pm

Quality singers such as Matt deserved the finest musicians composers and arrangers to compliment their talent, and fortunately the finest names in the music world are involved in this collection.
The first song on the second disk.. Jerry Herman's "Hello Dolly has to be one of the best tracks and we agree with John, "When You Wish Upon A Star and Over" The Rainbow, are classics.
Of course we have to mention again and include" More " We have so many versions of this song and along with "Somewhere" from West Side Story none can compare with Matt's.
All three disks have the very best of Matt's recordings, the Third disk beginning with undoubtably everyones special favourite.. "On Days Like These" and followed by the Two gorgeous songs "A Time For Love." and "The Nearness Of You." and as far as we are concerned Hoagy Carmichaels best "Stardust"
"And We Were Lovers," "I Have Dreamed" "Love Walked In." So many beautiful songs, a superb collection from the incomparable Matt Monro. :lol: :lol:

Marian

Post by Marian » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:04 am

Michele mentioned difficulties in some areas with the availability of "Matt at the Movies." Our son checked out Reading's HMV yesterday, and it is on sale there, as well as many other Matt CDs, which is good to hear.
Marian :D

Gray

Post by Gray » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:35 pm

Hi everyone

I have to mention disc 2 of this fantastic 3 cd set please.
'Hello Dolly' opens the 2nd disc, and I know I must of mentioned this song 100 times, but I am going to do it again.
It is simply sublime to me.
Listen closely to Matt's phrasing and delicate delivery of the lyrics, coupled with the most lush to-die-for strings and you have (in my humble opinion) musical perfection.

Rmoore

Post by Rmoore » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:24 pm

No matter how many times I hear it's clear to me that "When I Look In Your Eyes" was one of Matt's greatest recordings.

I got chills when Michele first played it to me. This set is worth the price for this recording alone!

Richard

Gray

Post by Gray » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:24 am

Hi Richard

I've posted elsewhere on this forum how much 'When I Look Into Your Eyes' means to me.
Glad we agree!

Return to “Matt at the Movies”