An Evening With Matt Monro

The DVD that started it all. Released by Odeon in 2005 it is the only full length live concert known to exist and entered the DVD Music Charts in the number one spot. In fact it remains Matt's only No 1 chart position in his home country
Paul

Re: An Evening With Matt Monro

Post by Paul » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:37 am

Mariana,

Holy cow, have we changed since then! The O'Keefe Centre hasn't been the O'Keefe Centre for quite a while. It's since changed to the Hummingbird Centre and it's currently known as the SONY Centre. We've seen most of my fave singers there over the years (but NOT Matt, oh my gosh I'm so disappointed about that). The Eaton Centre is still around, but Eaton's isn't! Two of the Canadian institutions - Simpsons and Eaton's are gone! Our city has gone under many, many changes since then, and for the better.

It's just like Burnley (Lancs) where I'm from. Last time we were there, it was like a tonally different place. When we used to go back for visits when I was younger, I hated it there, but our last time there, I cold have stayed there!

OMG, have you heard that they now have Sky Walks on the CN Tower...where you are almost as high as the moon and you are walking outside on the EDGE, strapped on of course, but you're walking on the edge of a structure that is 554 meters! Just learned tonight that there also an hour and a half training session before you go, and it's not cheap either.

Paul.

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:48 am

Hi Paul-thanks for that info--it was actually 30 years since I was there, can you believe, so I guessed there would be loads of changes.

I think a Sky walk round the CN tower is not my cup of tea !!It was bad enough going up inside--but spectacular views.

I suppose over 30 years every place changes--even my once little village, is now classed as a town, and there are parts of it where I still think I am somewhere else !!!
Mariana

Paul

Post by Paul » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:03 am

Eh Mariana,

I didn't realize it was THAT long ago that you were in our city....but at least you've experienced it. That Sky Walk is not my cuppa tea (or coffee, or anything else for that matter) either. My brain just can't fathom that!

Paul.

Return to “An Evening With Matt Monro”