Matt's DVD's

The DVD that started it all. Released by Odeon in 2005 it is the only full length live concert known to exist and entered the DVD Music Charts in the number one spot. In fact it remains Matt's only No 1 chart position in his home country
karl

Matt's DVD's

Post by karl » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:18 pm

I have always enjoyed Matt's records and the tv appearances he made, however I always feel one or two songs on a show is not enough to show off an artists versatility and personality so that's why I was so glad to see Matt's Australian concert and see him do a full show - I was so impressed I have since bought every dvd of Matt's on release.

From the footage I've seen Matt was a born entertainer.

ROBERT M.

Re: Matt's DVD's

Post by ROBERT M. » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:41 pm

Yes, he was Karl, brilliant singer and all round entertainer :D
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

Josh

Post by Josh » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:21 am

I agree, it's great having the DVD's its always a treat to SEE Matt singing as well as being able to hear that voice.

karl

Post by karl » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:02 am

I think seeing a peformer can make such a difference, although listening to Matt's voice on a record is also pleasing too.

Some artists I enjoy more visually than actually listening to such as Shirley Bassey, I have a lot of her records but sometimes just listening to her I feel she shouts a lot especially on one earlier United Artists album that has recently been released on cd.

Someone with a voice like Matt's you can listen to anytime, anywhere!

Michele Monro

Post by Michele Monro » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:10 pm

I assume you bought the 3 standard format DVDs, An Evening With, Matt at the Movies, A Portrait of, The Ultimate Performer but did you also catch Matt at the BBC which has a full length DVD within the two disc set?

karl

Post by karl » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:46 pm

Yes Michele we spoke of that a few weeks ago as I was pleased to see Matt sing We're Gonna Change The World (I love that song), we mentioned the lethargic audience if you remember? :roll:

Michele Monro

Post by Michele Monro » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:03 pm

The trouble with having an illness like M.S. is that I never remember, I have to write everything down.

karl

Post by karl » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:08 pm

Hey it's not just MS so don't feel too bad, I had a very SENIOR MOMENT TODAY could not remember my PIN to get money out the ATM and got locked out, had to go to the branch to get it sorted so all is well again.

Anyway you deal with lots of questions and emails so can't possibly remember it all.

Return to “An Evening With Matt Monro”