Matt at the Movies - DVD

Matt's very first job as a thespian in the film 'Satan's Harvest' plus the 30 minute colour special 'Go Go with Monro' starring Roy Castle and Marion Montgomery
Administrator
Site Admin

Matt at the Movies - DVD

Post by Administrator » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:01 am

Third offering from Odeon Entertainment. Official release 17th July.
Pre-released to website members.
Two releases on one
Satan's Harvest - Matt's only feature film, did you enjoy it?
Go Go with Monro - 45 minute show with guests Roy Castle and Marion Montgommery - what was your favourite bit?
Which song did you enjoy most?
What was your best bit?

Susan Parker

Matt at the Movies

Post by Susan Parker » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:43 pm

I arrived home from holiday to find the new DVD Matt at the Movies in the post.
I have waited years to see Matt in Satan's Harvest, Mike, my husband even tried to obtain a copy when he visited South Africa - it's great to see the film at long last and it is really good. Matt would be thrilled to know we can now see him acting, he so enjoyed making the film.
Go Go with Matt is just FABULOUS....I can listen to Matt singing morning, noon and night (this wasn't always the case, for about 12 to 18 months after Matt died I couldn't listen to him without becoming very upset....now I get very emotional when I hear or SEE him talking)
However...this is a SUPER DVD and if you haven't got your copy already...it's a MUST HAVE.

Sue Parker

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:16 pm

So far I have only seen "Go go go with Matt"--I really enjoyed it --good to see it in colour. My favourite bit was seeinng Matt in London--a lot of things have changed since those days. :lol: :lol: My favourite song was "3 coins in the Fountain"

But I thought it incredibly sad that it has not been seen for so long, and now , along with Matt, both Roy Castle and Marion Montgomery are no longer with us.

I consider that we are very lucky to be able to see this show.

Marian
Mariana

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:41 pm

Hi Sue and Marian, It is emotional watching these DVDs, we also liked Matt singing "Three Coins In The Fountain " on Go Go Monro, and doesn't Matt's immaculate appearance remind us of how important it was to dress smartly for their audiences of that time. We know that some of the latest and more recent singers still do, but times have changed and mostly anything goes.
It was nice to see Roy Castle and Marian Montgomery. We have met Roy, and were really sad when he passed away, and Marian Montgomery passed away four years ago, two great entertainers.

Marty

The Eternal Matt in The Eternal City

Post by Marty » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:53 pm

There is something truly sublime about Matt's performance of "Walk Away" with the hills of Rome in the background on this DVD, his reading of this favourite contained here is a pleasure. The studio based material is professionally staged as befits the medium of film, however Matt looks far more comfortable on the street in London or in the Strada in Rome, than in the more restrictive setting of a sound stage.
Look For Small Pleasures

Marty

Josh

Re: Matt at the Movies - DVD

Post by Josh » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:41 am

I picked this disc up at the same time as "Portrait of" and was very eager to see Matt's only film! I actually didn't mind the film but I feel I'll need a second viewing to really decide how I feel about it. Pity about the quality of the print but I understand the age of the film etc and not enough of Matt in the film! Although his performance was great and as others have said, bought great humour to the film he must have made the atmosphere on set nice and relaxed.
Go Go with Monro however was in great condition! Matt was fantastic and it's a great little special, I particullary enjoyed Somewhere and Walk Away superb performances!

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:18 pm

Josh-I think most of us will have bought this dvd, more for the music and Matt's singing-rather than the film--although it is good to have them both.
Mariana

Marian

Post by Marian » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:52 pm

I think GO GO WITH MONRO is a little gem. I love the scenes and songs in the lovely locations and also the songs with Roy Castle and Marian Montgomery. :D :D :D
Marian :wink:

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:51 pm

It wasn't the best movie we've ever seen, but we can imagine the fun and the laughs Matt had making it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Michele Monro

Post by Michele Monro » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:55 pm

Welcome Johh

Fabulous to have you on the forum and I look forward to many more of your postings.

Just popped in to say 'Satan's Harvest' is a dreadful film, but I thought dad was quite good in it. It certainly would have liked to have done more but was only offered things like 'Carry on Henry' and singing bus driver roles!! Having said that I think the money for this DVD is well spent in getting the bonus half an hour 'Go Go with Monro, a special dad made in England and Rome with a terrific duet with Roy Castle.

Josh

Post by Josh » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:34 pm

Michele your father was great in it! I agree the money is well spent considering most DVD's that offer a single film these days are usually prices in the £15-20 range, I picked up 'Matt at the Movies' for £10 so it's definatley good value for money. 'Go Go with Monro' is great :D The short has a certain glamourous look to it due to the crew and Matt actually going on location! You just don't see that kind of devotion in prodcing music programmes anymore!

Return to “Matt at the Movies”