LULU

Yes it is possible, discuss all your other favourite artists here.
Sandra

LULU

Post by Sandra » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:55 am

Not everyones cup of tea I know but LULU who hasn't toured for 10 years gave an outstanding performance at The Meres Leisure Centre Grantham on Saturday night.
It was like being at a rock concert a lot of the time but interspersed with stories of the ups and downs of her life.A tiny vunerable figure you felt ,but could she belt out a song when needed, but also bring the tone down for the ballads.From Re-light My Fire,I Don't Want To Fight No More, To Sir With Love,Try A
Little Tenderness,to her latest Cry she had the audience cheering and asking for more.
CRY is her charity single with THE MILITARY WIVES.Their are eight sets of 'wives' apparently.She has a different set on stage with her from around the country.Ours were from RAF CRANWELL. I overheard one of the 'wives' saying that she is a very nice person and extremely generous to their charity.
At 76 years old she is an inspiration and finally ,she says ,at a happy point in her life after years of uncertainty with herself.
Of course she ended with the dreaded SHOUT which sent the audience wild and she had to come back on for more.

karl

Re: LULU

Post by karl » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:31 pm

Sandra Lulu has asked me to give you a slap for saying she is 76, she is 67!!!!.
Also the dreaded Shout, how dare you, that is a classic!!!!
She is appearing in Glenrothes (Fife) this Thursday. I can't go as I was already booked for the matinee of The Tom Jones Story but Lulu has sold out anyway.
Also it is not ten years since her last tour, she did one about one or two years ago.
Anyway I am glad you enjoyed it and I'll bet you were on your feet for Shout !!!!

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:15 am

Whoops- yes 67 Karl. Also thought she said she hadn't done a big tour for 10 years. Yes- you are right we were on our feet for 'Shout'! :D

Enjoy the Tom Jones Story :)

john

Post by john » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:25 am

Sounds like you had a great time Sandra. I have to admit, "Shout" is my least favourite of hers too. I love "To Sir With Love", and have you heard her singing "The Prayer" with Russell Watson? Brilliant.

karl

Post by karl » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:46 pm

John I was just about to mention Lulu & Russell Watson singing "The Prayer" it is indeed brilliant, when I first heard it I thought Lulu sounded like DIana Ross as her voice was so pure.
Still love Shout though and always did, one of my former colleagues had a retirement party, she could not stand Lulu and hated Shout so we got the dj to play it and got her up on the floor and she had a great time.

Eman

Post by Eman » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:44 pm

OMG! I love Lulu! When I was a kid I always though she was the "It" girl that represented London. She was hip and really with it. I loved all the stages in her career. Thanks for the heads up on the single "Cry" Sandra. Gonna put that one on my "must have" list.

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:44 am

"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

karl

Post by karl » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:06 pm

I booked for Lulu in Perth on April 6th and booked a hotel which is just around the corner from the concert hall which looks very modern, looking forward to it as I haven't seen Lulu for years.

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:23 pm

Hope that you enjoy it Karl x

karl

Post by karl » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:03 pm

Well I have to hand it to Lulu she's still got it, she had her audience on their feet more than once.
After a brief warm up by one of her band the very lively drummer came on and instructed everyone with "When I Say LU you say LU" and so on. Then on she came.
At times I found her band over-loud but when they did a Bee Gees medley with just the piano that to me was the highlight of the show apart from when she gave Shout a huge build up and nobody was sitting by then, she then did another few songs before leaving the stage for good.

Lulu did over two hours but she did sing a favourite of mine Where The Poor Boys Dance.
She had two guys beside me doubled up with laughter when she made a comment in a broad Glaswegian accent when a lady in the front row got up to use the facilities, I could not make out what she said but she added "When You've Got To Go, You've Got To Go I Know That Feeling", (Lulu's words, not mine)

She certainly is still a bundle of energy, oh and The Military Wives joined her for her song Cry and they returned into the auditorium near the finale to join in the clapping along to the final songs
I saw no empty seats - I'm glad!

As they say in Glasgow "Gaun Yersel Lulu". :lol:
Last edited by karl on Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

john

Post by john » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:10 pm

Glad you had a good time Karl. :) :)

Eman

Post by Eman » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:49 pm

Wow! If only she'd do a U.S. tour! Sounds like a fun and grand time Karl. Glad you enjoyed yourself!

karl

Post by karl » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:42 pm

Eman wrote:Wow! If only she'd do a U.S. tour! Sounds like a fun and grand time Karl. Glad you enjoyed yourself!
She's in Adelaide in June - if that's any good LOL!!

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:06 pm

SO pleased that you enjoyed the show as well Karl.''Take Me Where The Poor Boys Dance' is our favourite too.We have resurrected her 'greatest hits' album from the back of the drawer and it is excellent still. :)

We now have Elaine Paige coming to the same venue in October.To go or not to go is the question?

karl

Post by karl » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:18 pm

Sandra wrote:SO pleased that you enjoyed the show as well Karl.''Take Me Where The Poor Boys Dance' is our favourite too.We have resurrected her 'greatest hits' album from the back of the drawer and it is excellent still. :)

We now have Elaine Paige coming to the same venue in October.To go or not to go is the question?
I put two little videos of Lulu recorded from my camera on Facebook, this was right at the end of the show. I should have recorded Shout too!

Return to “Your other favourite artists”