GREGORY PORTER CONCERT

Yes it is possible, discuss all your other favourite artists here.
karl

GREGORY PORTER CONCERT

Post by karl » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:44 am

Kandace Springs opened Gregory's show last night, at first I thought it was Roberta Flack with the massive head of hair. From the minute she came onstage her personality shone through and she played piano and sang ending with The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face. The audience loved her and as she was wearing a mini kilt she did a little dance as she left the stage. Her debut album Soul Eyes is released in July.
Gregory had a five piece band, double bass, piano, drums, sax and trumpet so the sound was really good .
His voice is so good and powerful you could hear when when he stepped away from the microphone, the audience knew his songs well and he even got them to sing along near the end.

For an Edinburgh audience they were VERY enthusiastic and would not let him go. At one point his son must have been in the wings and Gregory wanted him to come on but he wouldn't. He comes across as such a nice person, he's a very accomplished singer and I'm glad his show went down so well . He did several encores but by this time people were having to leave including a nice couple next to me who had to catch a train home. Anyway great to see so many b**s on seats again (Like Lulu's show).

If he comes to your hometown, go!

Sandra

Re: GREGORY PORTER CONCERT

Post by Sandra » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:42 am

Great news to hear that he was so good.Not my cup of tea but will relate your review to my sister in law who is a big fan :D

Return to “Your other favourite artists”