NEW DUSTY VINYL

Yes it is possible, discuss all your other favourite artists here.
karl

NEW DUSTY VINYL

Post by karl » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:12 pm

Dusty's Silver Collection & Memphis albums are re-released on 180 gram vinyl this Friday (20th)

ROBERT M.

Re: NEW DUSTY VINYL

Post by ROBERT M. » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:52 am

Will you be buying them Karl ? :)
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

karl

Post by karl » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:17 am

I've had them on pre-order for months as they were delayed.

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:40 am

Tonight 8th Sept...for those of us late nighters. BBC 4 11.PM It's a repeat of course but.. Definitely Dusty. Dusty Springfield's career along with all her hits, followed at Midnight by Dusty at the BBC featuring some of her most famous performances from 1961 to 1995 and a chance to revive her story.

karl

Post by karl » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:57 am

They repeat Dusty regularly but you won't hear me complaining! I just wish they'd find more footage from those days.
Thanks for mentioning it L&H, but also next Friday there are three of her old American albums being re-released on vinyl in Mono, "OoooooWeeeee" , "Dusty" & "Stay Awhile /I Only Want To Be With You".

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:12 am

Yes Karl, as was mentioned on the programme last night, some of her shows were wiped off along with a lot of other variety shows from those years for example.. The Black And White Minstrels All for economy reasons would you believe. :cry:
We are lucky that some survived at all. Her due re-released albums will be welcome. Will have a look.

karl

Post by karl » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:44 pm

Lena & Harry Smith wrote:Yes Karl, as was mentioned on the programme last night, some of her shows were wiped off along with a lot of other variety shows from those years for example.. The Black And White Minstrels All for economy reasons would you believe. :cry:
We are lucky that some survived at all. Her due re-released albums will be welcome. Will have a look.
L&HG many great shows were wiped, it's a mortal sin!!! Imagine if they'd wiped all the great old movies?
They even wiped Dusty At The Talk Of The Town which was the first colour special on BBC 2 and I've never seen it as we didn't have that channel then, I would love to see it as that was her record breaking season when she did her Shirley Temple routine. I have heard the audio but would love to see it visually .

Return to “Your other favourite artists”