Syd Lawrence Orchestra

Yes it is possible, discuss all your other favourite artists here.
Sandra

Syd Lawrence Orchestra

Post by Sandra » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:46 am

Our first venture into a big theatre for a while last night. Chris Dean and The Syd Lawrence Orchestra at the Key Theatre Peterborough rescheduled from last year. Sadly,the band played to a much-reduced audience. It is still taking people a while to venture out since covid.
Fabulous music of Glenn Miller,Tommy Dorsey and all the big bands. Chris Dean also sang two songs of Matts.As Long As I'm Singing and a beautiful version of Ebb Tide. Matt sang it with strings but Chris's pianist and arranger in the band Trevor Brown transcribed it for the pianist and orchestra. Chris is a big supporter of the fabulous voice of our Matt.

ROBERT M.

Re: Syd Lawrence Orchestra

Post by ROBERT M. » Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:55 am

😀
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

karl

Post by karl » Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:40 pm

Sandra wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:46 am
Our first venture into a big theatre for a while last night. Chris Dean and The Syd Lawrence Orchestra at the Key Theatre Peterborough rescheduled from last year. Sadly,the band played to a much-reduced audience. It is still taking people a while to venture out since covid.
Fabulous music of Glenn Miller,Tommy Dorsey and all the big bands. Chris Dean also sang two songs of Matts.As Long As I'm Singing and a beautiful version of Ebb Tide. Matt sang it with strings but Chris's pianist and arranger in the band Trevor Brown transcribed it for the pianist and orchestra. Chris is a big supporter of the fabulous voice of our Matt.
I have been to the theatre a few times quite recently and it was almost full so maybe the folk around your area didn't fancy the show much, who knows?

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:17 am

That'll sadly be true Karl

karl

Post by karl » Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:31 am

Sandra wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:17 am
That'll sadly be true Karl
When I sailed back from NYC in May on QM2 the theatre which had been full every night on my previous voyage was almost empty and I felt so sorry for the artists performing to a handful of people, it's a large theatre with a balcony so it looked very sparse.

Return to “Your other favourite artists”