Matt at the BBC

A combination of audio featuring 30 previously unreleased radio recordings with the Ted Heath Orchestra and video footage from 'Morecambe and Wise', 'The Cilla Black Show', 'Saturday Night at the Mill' and Matt's own TV special 'Matt Sings Monro'
Marian

Post by Marian » Wed May 27, 2009 8:08 am

Thanks Sandra.
Yes, it's a wonderful collection.
Marian :D

hpooch

MATT'S RENDITION OF "PRISONER OF LOVE"

Post by hpooch » Fri May 29, 2009 1:37 am

I RECEIVED "MATT AT THE BBC" LAST WEEK 4 DAYS AFTER ORDERING IT ON amazon.com/uk.. MY FAVORITE SONG ON THE CD IS "PRISONER OF LOVE" WHICH IS VERY DIFFERENT FROM THE ORIGINAL DECCA RELEASE ON "BLUE AND SENTIMENTAL". THE ARRANGEMENT IS NOT AS FAST AND MORE LIKE PERRY COMO OR RUSS COLUMBO.. THE BACKING
BY TED HEATH IS SOLID AND BETTER THAN MATT'S EARLIER RECORDING
BUT BOTH ARE SPECIAL.!!
A SIDE NOTE---DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY dick LEE RECORDINGS OF "ETERNALLY" OR "ALL I WANT IS A CHANCE" OR ANY OF HIM ON THE ESSEX LABEL?? I THINK HE RECORDED SOME IN ENGLAND IN THE 50s.??
ALSO IS AL MARTINO'S VERSION OF "ALL I WANT IS A CHANCE" AVAILABLE EXCEPT ON YOU TUBE?? THANKS FOR ANY HELP, HENRY
Henry H Puccinelli

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Fri May 29, 2009 9:38 am

Glad that you enjoyed Matt At The BBC Henry.
We all thought is was special too, just like all the others. :)

We will send you the Three songs through that you mentioned as files. :)

maureen & harry

Matt At The BBC

Post by maureen & harry » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:47 pm

We thought the DVD was excellent and that it really showed Matt's talent when he could go from We're Gonna Change The World ( a Pop Song) to the beautiful versions of Maria and Yesterday with such ease.

The CD was also great and the quality excellent. Let's hope that there will be some more to follow in the future.

Maureen & Harry :)

len & freda

Post by len & freda » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:43 pm

Although I have had Matt at the BBC dvd since it was released, have only just managed to watch it. Excellent as ever.

Sandra

Re: Matt at the BBC

Post by Sandra » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:30 pm

Still really loving Matt at the BBC.We play it all the time.It's taken the place of another great but really old double CD called This Is Matt Monro :D :D

Mark Fox

Post by Mark Fox » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:25 pm

Short review in September issue of IN TUNE INTERNATIONAL magazine.
New website:-
http://www.intuneinternational.com

Also in September issue of JOURNAL INTO MELODY-The magazine of The Robert Farnon Society
http://rfsoc.org.uk

Leeroy Hadders

Post by Leeroy Hadders » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:02 pm

Had this cd/dvd fir some time now. A nice collection of songs and I have to say the dvd is truly excellent. A perfect showcase of the Matt Monro I first remember as a child. Play the dvd all the time. Wonderful.

GregT

Post by GregT » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:06 am

Hi Monrovians..
My cheap Chinese MP3 player (that'll teach me!..) recently lost its LCD display..
but that's no problem..it still works,in fact I'm at work at the moment and have one ear on the proceedings and the other chock-a-block with Matt..Yeah.!
I am still waiting for my latest Amazon order to hit home with Matt Sings- Nelson Swings and
The Rare Monro slowly making their way towards me.
But in the mean time I have "The Collection,Live in Australia and Matt at the BBC" on continuous loop.
I'm just grabbin' at the flies 'round my old work chair......life doesn't better get..!!!!
Best to All...
Greg
"We should have met, Some years ago"

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:35 pm

Hi Greg--I am sure you will love the "Rare Monro"---double cd---loads of tracks---get your MP3 player geared up and ready--you will not stop listening to it. !
Mariana

Mark Fox

Post by Mark Fox » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:55 pm

Nothing on the Telly this afternoon,so watched'MATT SINGS MONRO'-loved it(again). :D

Josh

Post by Josh » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:03 pm

This DVD is superb! It was great to have an interview with the man and it had great performances too! The recent releases really have spoilt us Monro fans! So much great material was included in this CD/DVD package (30 tracks on 1 CD great!!!)

'Matt sings Monro' was a great special to watch and is throughly entertaning and has Matt in fantastic voice! The Cillia Black montage was great fun, Matt is such a natural comedian as well as singer! My favourite portion of the package is 'Saturday Night at the Mill', it has a superb opening medley, a great natural, funny and informative interview which expertly demonstrates Matt's easy going nature and finishes off with a mindblowing performance of If I Never Sing Another Song (one of my favourites!)

Overall an exceptional product for a fine artist, great linear notes by Michele and the audio quality on the CD considering the source is outstanding! Well done to all involved!

john

Post by john » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:19 am

Hi Josh and welcome to the forum. :)
If you liked Matt at the BBC (and I am in agreement with you, my favourite part is also Saturday Night at The Mill) you will also love "The Ultimate Performer", this is every bit as good as Matt at the BBC. Plenty of excellent songs on this one. :D

Return to “Matt at the BBC”