Matt at the BBC

A combination of audio featuring 30 previously unreleased radio recordings with the Ted Heath Orchestra and video footage from 'Morecambe and Wise', 'The Cilla Black Show', 'Saturday Night at the Mill' and Matt's own TV special 'Matt Sings Monro'
thomas

Post by thomas » Sun May 17, 2009 12:22 pm

I have just received my copy along with 'Live In Australia'. (I only ordered it from Amazon last Tuesday, though I notice it comes from their Jersey dealer). I havent had a chance to lisen to the audio CD yet, but the performance on the DVD of 'Matt Sings Monro' is amazing. Just a singer and his songs and an audience. Absolutely incredible performance, makes me wonder who could do that sort of thing today. Very few!!

Mark Fox

Post by Mark Fox » Sun May 17, 2009 12:40 pm

...just checked
http://www.hmv.com
http://www.play.com
Increased price now £6:99 incl.P&P.

Rmoore

Post by Rmoore » Sun May 17, 2009 12:56 pm

No mistake Robert.

Pop Gear was a film Matt was in - but has no connection to the BBC.

Top Gear was a radio programme, a sister programme to Saturday Club, which was what Michele was talking about!

Richard

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Sun May 17, 2009 2:51 pm

Yes, we have seen the advert Marian, and free Fabulous Fifties CD with every CD and DVD order, and Free delivery when you buy Two or more items.

Marian

Post by Marian » Sun May 17, 2009 4:18 pm

Thanks for the explanation about "Top Gear" Richard.
Of course we should know that Michele always gets her facts right :wink:

Marian :D

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Sun May 17, 2009 5:35 pm

Thanks for that Marian.Sandra.

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Sun May 17, 2009 10:43 pm

I do not remember the radio show Top Gear :wink: I just thought it was a mis-print on the sleeve notes Top instead of Pop :) I see you have amended a previous post Marian, regarding Top/Pop Gear :wink: :lol:
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

Marian

Post by Marian » Mon May 18, 2009 7:38 am

Yes Robert, following Richard's knowledgeable input, I am now older and wiser!! :wink: :wink:
Marian :lol:

Rmoore

Post by Rmoore » Mon May 18, 2009 8:53 am

Only wiser surely Marian, I do hope i haven't aged you!

Richard

Marian

Post by Marian » Mon May 18, 2009 9:05 am

Just a few hours Richard, we're all a little older every day :wink: :wink: and that is old father time, not you of course! :lol:
I'll feel a lot younger when Matt at the BBC arrives I'm sure.. :D :D

Before anyone asks...it's a no, yet again!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
I have contacted Amazon and they say to wait until 20th May. If it hasn't arrived by then to contact them again and they will replace it.
So it could be a while longer, but I will appreciate it all the more when it does get here I'm sure. :D :D

Alan

Post by Alan » Mon May 18, 2009 8:20 pm

I've just received Matt at The BBC, love it so much.
Especially the songs and interview on Pebble Mill with Bob Langley.

Apart from Matts singing which as always is wonderful, his stories of working on the club circuit are very funny.
Kept replaying the moment when the club Secretary announced the Pies are in just when Matt was in full flow singing one of his great songs.

Thanks Michelle for rescuing so many wonderful clips of Matt they will always take pride of place in my collection.

Alan

Gray

Post by Gray » Tue May 19, 2009 6:38 am

Hi Alan

My favourite bit is also the Pebble Mill interview - just to hear Matt chat :)

john

Post by john » Tue May 19, 2009 10:23 am

That's my favourite part as well Gray. Plus the medley of songs and the end song, of course. :D

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Tue May 19, 2009 7:28 pm

Matt can tell a story and with his dry humour we reckon he could well have made it as a stand up comedian. :lol:
On occasions, even on CDs, his Australian one for instance we've noticed what good timing he has. That's one of the essential ingredients a comedian has to master. :)

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Tue May 19, 2009 11:50 pm

I watched the DVD Matt at the BBC today for the first time, it was as I expected beautiful :D :D Matt did look very smartly dressed in his 1970's casual wear in Matt Sings Monro TV show, and even with his greying hair Matt looked very handsome, with a twinkle in his eyes :) :) but the audience seemed a little wooden............ with no applause after Matt started singing his well known hits.

Matts appearance on Pebble Mill was very entertaining :D :D Matt looked slightly older here, but he sang just as superbly as ever :) :) ................did anyone notice the glaring mistake from Bob Langley, saying Matts runner up song in the Eurovision Song Contest was My Kind of Girl instead of I Love the Little Things.................how could Bob Langleys researchers make such a silly mistake :roll:

Curioser and Curioser was also superb (Matt giving a Val Doonican impression, sat in the armchair) :wink: :lol: ...................It's the first time I have heard Thanks, but after just one listen the song sounds so compelling...............a very catchy tune indeed :) Matt certainly had a twinkle in his eyes singing this song (wink wink - a few beers beforehand maybe :wink: :lol: )......................but one thing this DVD shows us, is that Matt was a very down to earth person..............and a lovely man :) :)
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

Return to “Matt at the BBC”