General Election

The place to talk about everything
mariana44

Re: General Election

Post by mariana44 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:42 pm

I totally agree Mike... That's exactly how I feel...
Mariana

karl

Post by karl » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:41 am

mariana44 wrote:i confess that I only recently realised a general election was on the way. Not sure who Im voting for---or even why !!!
Marian you only just realised. have you been out the country for months ?

karl

Post by karl » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:43 am

mike wrote:It seems a waste if you don't vote, but with the choices on offer this time (even worse than usual) it seems like a waste if you do vote.
I quite agree, we are voting for a bunch of bankers, oops sorry that should have been a W !!!

karl

Post by karl » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:49 am

ROBERT M. wrote:
karl wrote:Do vote John it's important.
Oh! my entry phone buzzed on Sunday and a guy asked if he could deliver election leaflets. For which party I asked, SNP he said - my reply No Thanks and put the phone down .
Even the continuity guy at the recording of Len Goodman's show on Monday said Please Don't Leave Us and several people from England have said the same to me.
John please try to vote every time there is an election ...........remember what the Suffragettes went through just to get women the vote .............one threw herself under the Kings horse during the Derby at the time in protest .........and her actions in doing so were her last actions in life :( :( ................the Suffragette story in interesting https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suffragette

Karl, I want the UK to stay as "one" also ...............the UK voted to leave the EU with a majority of about 10% and are quite rightly sticking with the result ..........it is the same majority as the Scottish referendum ended up nearly two years ago, but Nicola Sturgeon and before her Alex Salmon want to have another vote.........why cant they do as the UK government have done and "stick" to the original choice of the people :)
Robert, two years ago when I went to Stoke for Jackie's memorial service spoke to a man outside my hotel (I was admiring his beautiful dog) and he asked if I got the result I wanted. When I said yes he told me "We don't want to lose you" which was nice to know. Every time I see Rottweiler Sturgeon on tv I feel compelled to throw something at the screen. I don't know anyone who actually likes her . She had her referendum, we voted NO, she should never be allowed to have another.

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:35 am

karl wrote:
mariana44 wrote:i confess that I only recently realised a general election was on the way. Not sure who Im voting for---or even why !!!
Marian you only just realised. have you been out the country for months ?
Hi Karl.. Yes you would think so, wouldn't you.. But i never watch the news or buy a paper, so I am out of touch with everything lol
Mariana

karl

Post by karl » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:01 pm

Well Marian you have to watch the news and keep up to date to know what' s going on.

john

Post by john » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:26 pm

You can all sleep easy tonight, I have been to put my vote in. :wink:

karl

Post by karl » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:39 pm

john wrote:You can all sleep easy tonight, I have been to put my vote in. :wink:
So did I but I didn't want anyone to feel left out so I put a cross in every box LOL!!! :roll:

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:26 pm

First of all, nice to see you back posting Marian. Glad you're feeling better.
Well I do like to get up, switch on and see the news and couldn't cope with breakfast without my papers to read each morning. :D
Anyway, after a lot of deliberation or just tossing a coin we went and voted. :?

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:31 am

Hi Harry and Lens... Good to be back. Well, after seeing the results this morning looks like everyone did the same.. Just tassel a coin.. What a complete waste of time, effort and money...
Mariana

john

Post by john » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:43 pm

Yes, I agree and I think it is the result that most of us expected.

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:41 am

karl wrote:
ROBERT M. wrote:
karl wrote:Do vote John it's important.
Oh! my entry phone buzzed on Sunday and a guy asked if he could deliver election leaflets. For which party I asked, SNP he said - my reply No Thanks and put the phone down .
Even the continuity guy at the recording of Len Goodman's show on Monday said Please Don't Leave Us and several people from England have said the same to me.
John please try to vote every time there is an election ...........remember what the Suffragettes went through just to get women the vote .............one threw herself under the Kings horse during the Derby at the time in protest .........and her actions in doing so were her last actions in life :( :( ................the Suffragette story in interesting https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suffragette

Karl, I want the UK to stay as "one" also ...............the UK voted to leave the EU with a majority of about 10% and are quite rightly sticking with the result ..........it is the same majority as the Scottish referendum ended up nearly two years ago, but Nicola Sturgeon and before her Alex Salmon want to have another vote.........why cant they do as the UK government have done and "stick" to the original choice of the people :)
Robert, two years ago when I went to Stoke for Jackie's memorial service spoke to a man outside my hotel (I was admiring his beautiful dog) and he asked if I got the result I wanted. When I said yes he told me "We don't want to lose you" which was nice to know. Every time I see Rottweiler Sturgeon on tv I feel compelled to throw something at the screen. I don't know anyone who actually likes her . She had her referendum, we voted NO, she should never be allowed to have another.
Karl, I think Nicola Sturgeon will now know that the Scottish people are against another referendum, as they voted against the SNP on Thursday who lost many seats in the process .............that was a clear NO message to her, regarding the second independence referendum ...............she did go on and on about it didn't she ? before the election :wink:
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

karl

Post by karl » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:54 am

Yes Robert that's all she talks about, she's obsessed. She rabbits on about respecting the wishes of the voters but she shows no respect for the decision we made years ago.

karl

Post by karl » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:16 pm

karl wrote:Yes Robert that's all she talks about, she's obsessed. She rabbits on about respecting the wishes of the voters but she shows no respect for the decision we made years ago.
Also she does not understand the meaning of the word "NO".

Return to “The Lounge”