The World Cup .

The place to talk about everything
Lena & Harry Smith

The World Cup .

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:54 am

Anyone else interested or watching the World Cup.?
We have enjoyed every match so far and loving it even more after England's brilliant performance yesterday beating Panama 6-1 .
Panama is not the toughest team to beat and Thursday's game against Belgium will be a real test, so come on England and come on Harry Kane, keep scoring those goals. We all admire Christiana Ronaldo's skills but would love to see that smile wiped off his face. :D :D

Eman

Re: The World Cup .

Post by Eman » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:09 pm

I was watching the England-Panama game and was glad for England's win. Some of the players on Panama were playing dirty and I was glad they got called on it. Also surprising for me was how well Mexico did beating Germany, but not surprised by their win against Korea.

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:28 pm

There have been one or two surprising results Eman, and some questionable refereeing too, but looking forward to this evenings matches.
Not sure who to watch yet. Spain or Portugal. ? Great talent in both teams. :)

Eman

Post by Eman » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:41 pm

I'm gonna have to watch and support Spain, Lena and Harry. Being a Real Madrid supporter, but detest Barcelona. Ha ha. Though you are right great talent on both teams.

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:07 am

Rael Madrid..a good team to support Eman. We should have watched Spain.
We watched Iran v Portugal , the worst game ever.. bad decisions . players committing fouls . VAR a waste of time, at least it was in this game. Ronaldo misses a penalty, then later gets a yellow card a and almost a red card. The ref should go to specsavers. :roll:

Eman

Post by Eman » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:31 am

Eeep heard that was a pretty pathetic game. Glad I didn't watch it.

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:26 pm

Lets hope England and Harry Kane continue to surprise people :)
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

Eman

Post by Eman » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:44 pm

ROBERT M. wrote:Lets hope England and Harry Kane continue to surprise people :)
I'm counting on it Robert! Hmmm so far Mexico is playing pretty good against Sweden...shhhh I'm watching on my phone at work (ha ha)

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:48 am

Well as we've seen Eman, Sweden beat Mexico which was just one more surprise to add to these games, but we watched South Korea beat Germany, who in their last game only hung on in the closing minute of extra time, which means that Germany are out of the World Cup after qualifying for every match since 1938.
They are not the team they have been credited for all these years, and from England's performances and Two or Three others to date they would never have been the team lifting that cup. :lol: :lol:

Eman

Post by Eman » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:44 pm

I was shocked at Sweden's win against Mexico, but not as shocked as Korea beating Germany. Germany with all the hype about the team, and then when you watch them play with the discipline and precision they have, you think you were watching machines not men. Still it's going to be interesting to keep watching. However I honestly think Brazil will slaughter Mexico, but then again with this year's World Cup being full of surprises, one can never tell.

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:19 am

We thought Brazil started mediocre in this competition Eman, but are now showing the skills that we have been used to seeing over the past years and we won't be surprised to see them in the final.
England's game against Belgium with Eight changes tonight was disappointing, even though they were through. We thought the manager should have included some of his key players throughout the match. Too long a break from the atmosphere is not always the answer, but we shall find out next Tuesday when they play Columbia.
:roll:

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:16 am

Germany Out
Argentina Out
Portugal Out
Spain Out
It's definitely a tournament of surprises :wink:

Eman……...how did you get to be a football fan ?

Eman

Post by Eman » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:39 pm

Been a fan for geez the longest time Robert. Football (or Soccer here in America) has been popular in the Latin American countries and to a minor degree here in the U.S.

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:15 am

Well England made it to the Quarter Finals...…….but only just :) ……………...Columbia were a hard side to beat but also very unsporting and aggressive side especially towards the ref :!:

Eman

Post by Eman » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:25 pm

ROBERT M. wrote:Well England made it to the Quarter Finals...…….but only just :) ……………...Columbia were a hard side to beat but also very unsporting and aggressive side especially towards the ref :!:
Oh I saw some dirty plays from Colombia but they got away with it... good thing I am in an office by myself temporarily while I recuperate. I was able to scream, yell and cuss at my phone while I watched the game. LOL Yeah yeah...I get passionate about the game and my teams. LOL

Return to “The Lounge”